Wilsons of Sheffield - frame and forks

fiveSixteenths

Senior Retro Guru
Have decided to move this on, having seen something else - c. 1981 Wilson light tourer / winter trainer, size 58cm, probably 501 main tubes, forged dropouts.

Full story is here - viewtopic.php?f=23&t=386376
Btw, just selling the frame and forks :)

Looking for c.£70 plus postage (or free delivery locally, am on Oxon/Berks border.)
I've cleaned and stripped off a lot of the decals but have a full set of originals, unused, courtesy of Nigel Wilson at the shop in Sheffield (who also confirmed the provenance of the bike.)
It needs a seatpost bolt, the one on it was knackered.
I have the Tange headset I removed (with the proper tools, not screwdrivers) and will clean that up and can refit if you wanted. Will put some new bearings is as well.
The 28.6mm SR seatpost is original too, but has one bolt seized, but will try and free that up.
Have gently wound in a BB, threads (British threaded) seem ok, likewise the rear mech hanger which is true. It's only a cheapo sq. taper but happy to leave in.
Overall I think it would benefit / reward a repaint but it's not too bad as far as I can see. Obviously I can't verify the condition under the paint but I can see any cracks and it all appears true.
Cheers for looking.

Attachments

• 984306d9-97d1-4050-85a1-2f5e364aa996.JPG
    984306d9-97d1-4050-85a1-2f5e364aa996.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 477
Have had a nice note from Wilson's (seriously, so patient and helpful), very likely 501 tubing. If that helps...
Have now popped this in the loft to mature nicely :)

Back