Sold 1985 Orbit Gold Medal 58cm - £140 - Sheffield

sjcprojects

Orange 🍊 Fan
I restored this last year, but I was never really likely to keep it as it pushed me over my allotted bike quota, so now is the time to let it go. It still needs a few tweaks and the rear wheel truing to be a solid rider, but that's about it.

The top tube is 55cm c-t-c. Top of the seat tube to middle of the BB is 58cm. I'm just under 6ft and it's a good fit for me.

IMG_5453.JPG

It's all original apart from the wheels and brake levers (the original rear rim was too worn to use). I'll include the original wheels and tyres with the bike in case the buyer wants to keep these. The frame number is 851115.

Partial spec:

531 frame and forks (this is the original colour, I did a rattle can respray which I'm not 100% happy with, it's a bit rough in places to be honest)

Shimano 600EX RD, Shimano FD (not sure of model), Stronglight 80 chainset, Simplex Retrofriction shifters, Cinelli Criterium bars, Madison saddle.

The wheels are unknown rims on a Claris rear and Maillard Front - built by 'Rick's Wheels' (never heard of them but seem decent). I have a 7 speed cassette on there with spacers, but the hub will take up to a 9, I think. Conti Ultra Sport and Super Sport tyres - pretty much new.

Here's the bad bits:

IMG_6000.jpg
IMG_5454.JPG

As can be seen, there are a few areas where the frame has got some knocks and the paint has come off, unfortunately.

Finally, somehow the rear mudguard has broken at the bottom, so ideally needs replacing.

I think that's about it, any questions let me know. I'm only really trying to get back what I put into it, so £175 seems reasonable, but I'm open to offers. Collection is from near central Sheffield - I can drop it off at the train station if that's of help.

The original build thread is here, for any more info:

Last edited:
Back