chumaman's feedback - a tale of a bike swap

cybernck

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Funnily enough, it has taken a contact on Retrobike in order for chumaman and myself to meet, even though we are only like 50 miles apart (separated by a country border though). A guy I'd known only via messages for like 15 minutes asked me to buy a locally advertised bike for him - that he supposedly longed for - and swap it for some of his parts I'd been interested in, to which I foolishly promptly agreed.

But you never know who's on the other end of the line and little had I known what was in store for me.... click here to find out what happened next :LOL: :mrgreen:

Aaaanyway, long-story short - it has turned out he's a super-nice retro-mtb-enthusiast and an even better person. As for our dealing - he had promptly organised transport of the said parts to me, as well as pickup of the aforementioned bike. And not only that but he ended up sending me loads of very nice parts, a lot more than I asked for and probably more than double in value of the bike I'd bought for him - and then even some more spares :shock:, making me genuinely feel like I owe him big time.

So, the morale of the story is... I don't know, maybe "Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise"? No, probably not that one :LOL: but anyway - make sure you always help out a fellow cyclist when you can!

Cheers.

Back