Biggest waste of money you've been guilty of:

Tuckerjenkins

Senior Retro Guru
I know we all buy bike related things we don't need or that are bought on impulse... and then regret kicks in ...

What has been your biggest waste of money or item that you wished you'd never bought?

Mine was a custom made pair of forks. I bought a peugeot frame that had 1" unicrown forks that were threaded. I wanted a pair with a threadless steerer but couldn't find any so got a pair made by steve Goff.
They took ages to arrive and cost me nearly 200 quid!!!
Stupid me then got the steerer cut down , set the bike up and then realised the frame was too big on the TT for me.
= a pair of forks that i don't need, cost too much and now just irritate me :evil:

One of these bike ' :LOL: workstands :LOL: '. Only £38 but not worth 38p. I should have just used a wire coat hanger and a rubber band and hung my bike off the back of a door, there would have been more support! :LOL:

Attachments

• 2012-09-07_1339.jpg
    2012-09-07_1339.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 581
A threadless stem and carbon 'bars for my Daccordi which I then dumped with hardly any miles on them in favour of a return to a proper quill stem and aluminium 'bars. I didn't even want carbon 'bars but let myself get talked into them by the shop owner :oops: - and the stem was too short.

Still got them because I can't face the massive financial loss of selling them and even worse I'll probably never use them again!

Mark.

Buying a brand new Ford Fiesta Titanium at a cost of £12,000 'cash'.
After six months I now realise the build quality is as good as it was in 1979 :facepalm:

What a shit car it is! Yeh it looks smashing. It turns heads. Its great to drive. But everything is plastic and has more rattles than 500 empty spray cans.

I wished I'd saved my money and kep't my old Xsara :(

Not bike related but I think I win this one. Hands down....unless :)

Buying a house at the height of a property boom and having to sell to move a couple of years later. Not once but twice :(

Now pay off my mortgage at the age of 62!

Makes my Impreza car buying folly seem like loose change LOL

Shaun

Listening to willy wavers at the club ,bein stupid and buying the Felt F5 full carbon bike... I hardly use the thing and then give out at how ridgid the thing is..... :LOL:

I am a lot happier on my 501 Pug - Happier still on the 979 !

Back