New Funk Fat® forks - read this if you want one!

Swede

Gold Trader
Funk Fan
Feedback
View
At @Elfman's request I’ve been talking to Daryl about a limited production run of the unicrown Fat® fork and he’s open to the idea.

Initial/tentative plan is to make ten but before anything gets started we need to test the water and see who’s interested.

No design work has been started but in all probability it will have a 1.125” straight steerer (Titanium of course), so you’ll need a threadless headset and shims if you’re using a 1.25” headtube. I guess they'll be unpainted and it'll be up to you to do paint and/or polish. I'm not expecting a faithful recreation as they might have the new Funk logo somewhere on them.

No idea on price yet but Daryl has said, “Interesting….. I want to and need to be clear, I’m pretty slammed for work. That said, I’m quite intrigued. Let me do what you’re suggesting, I’ll get some 2023 costs and then let’s talk”.

This might be a one off opportunity so if you’re interested and want one, please let me know.

I don’t do Facebook but if someone could share this in the RB group that would be great.

Funny!

... I am currently in the making of a re-run of the old FUNK boxed forks. Including the legendary thick CNC drop outs. Absolutely love them. So far, only 3 people of the whole community knew about it. I started with that in about March this year.

On a scale I would say I am 85% ready to weld up the first 6 or 7 forks. All parts, tubes, angles, saws and templates are kind of ready! After they are done, finishing more of them will be way faster.

So, this is going to be interesting! The beans have been spilled :)

Back