Edinburgh update

Danob1

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
My ride is nearly done but I had to build it up as i am working the Edinburgh festival and need it while i'm up there. I will be getting it powder coated when I get back but i can't find out what colour it was originally so suggestions would be good. Also i am thinking of removing the rear cable hanger and the dynamo braket on the seat stay. Is this a good idea?

I have been in Edinburgh for a week now and this old Giant has started to show its true colours. Copes with the hills here realy well and leaves my mates Muddy fox Alu Lite standing :LOL:

Attachments

• Nearly finished.JPG
    Nearly finished.JPG
    196.1 KB · Views: 1,555
ready for action and with a low theft profile. it's not pretty, it's PURPOSEFUL

Look's fine, what make is the frame ?, thought it was an Orange at a glance but it's not.

Cutting stuff off the frame is fine if you intend to keep it as the next potential owner may find it a problem, as long as you are sure you'll never want to fit canti's it's your call.

That frame design reminds me of an 'Al Carter Professional' from the early 90's. Quite a low end brand which weighed a ton. A couple of my mates used to have them.
The frame looks to have had a rattle can respray at some point.
Nice forks though.

my ride

It's a late 80's cromo giant ? Yes i did rattle a can at it in 93 then sold it in 95 but got it back in may this year. I added some STX RC levers, STX 1"headset, dx v's, araya rimms on acera x hubs and some Orange F7 forks. And when I'm back home in Sept it will be powder coated. I think it will look pritty good for a budget build

I like the current paint job! So I'd vote for a grey powder coat. If that doesn't work for you then I'd suggest that most shocking lime or purple you can find.

colour

PurpleFrog":f23zawaf said:
I like the current paint job! So I'd vote for a grey powder coat. If that doesn't work for you then I'd suggest that most shocking lime or purple you can find.
Yeah good choices. I was thinking green.

Back