Show us your old CHEAP stuff!

red_dread

Dirt Disciple
There's lots of chat here about exotica that we dreamed of as kids in the 80s and 90s, and many of us now own those dreams as grown-ups.

But what about the bikes we really rode and loved in the old days? Those are where the memories are.

Show us your Raleigh Ozarks and Techniums, Ridgebacks and Muddy Foxes, maybe even Mustangs?! Anyone still got them?

My '88 Ridgeback 602SIS went in a skip about 4 years ago, and I'm seriously quite ashamed and emotional about it... NEVER again.

i bought an mtb from one of the local shops when i was 17. it was a bit cheap and nasty, the shop guy told me it was the same company who made Kleins and it was the budget version.
in reality it was just a cheap and nasty full rigid which weighed a tonne! wish i had a pic for you....that shop keeper saw me coming :cry: :roll:

mind you...i had loads of good times on it and got me hooked

erm well my 1st adult sized bike was my orange prestige which i still own (was a gift im not rich).

cant really class it as cheap lol.

After my parents bought me a department store bike when I was in middle school I was hooked. I went without in every other way, but had to have top end bike stuff. After that Raleigh (a Canadian Raleigh so not quite what people think) I have had wonderful bikes. Got have priorities - the bike(s), air, water, food and the rest of it.

My first MTB was an 'oversized' (overweight!) elevated chainstay monster by Leeways which I bought from the Kays catalog (Jesus this is the most embarassing thing I've ever told anybody :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: )

Holy crap. I bent the steerer tube in a matter of weeks... :LOL:

The great thing about this bike though was that in got me well and truly HOOKED on mountain bikes. Before I had it I'd given up bikes (BMXs) years before.

My first MTB was a Kuwahara that i bought myself when i was based in
Cyprus with the UN Forces in 1990 for 6 months, Did a fair few miles on that in my time there then when i got back to the UK i swapped it for a Marin Muirwoods which i killed on the rushmoor training grounds at Aldershot :cool:

Back