Somebody must know what forks these are ?

Jones

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I have asked this before but I refuse to believe with the amount of smart arses on here that nobody knows what these are :LOL:

Their air sprung in both legs and have no markings on them at all, no numbers or writing or anything :?

Anyone got any idea :?:

wf1.jpg

wf2.jpg

wf3.jpg

wf4.jpg

wf5.jpg

The fork legs and other features look like balistic forks which in turn were copies of american forks like manitous and tange.
Balistic are a Taiwanese firm that made early cheapo forks but at the same time better quality than some of the rubbish of today. Your forks however may be something even better :D

Cheers

I've only seen a few early Ballistic forks but none of those had inline dropouts they all had ones that stuck out like pace rc30 etc.

I've seen a total of about three though, so your probably right :LOL:

I have two pairs of Balistic 450A's with inline dropouts.

Still no proof they're balistics though so do not give up hope they might be something good ;)

velomaniac":8t0ye2bc said:
I have two pairs of Balistic 450A's with inline dropouts.

Still no proof they're balistics though so do not give up hope they might be something good ;)

Oh I have no doubt their NOT something good :LOL: its just bugging me :) I just hate not knowing what something is :roll:

To me they look like 'bitsa' Rock shox RS-1s

The brace is the same welded steel as the RS-1 (with the canti bit cut off), the dropout is the same as is the leg profile and even the stickers at the top of the legs warning not to fit crown above this line. It looks to be missing all the plastic cover bits on the legs that RS-1s came with and it appears to have the later upgraded oil wiper seal things.

The crown isn't a Bonty/RS one though - although most bolt together forks could be interchanged at this point, and the air valves are wrong (car valve rather than needle) and although this could be a home made bodge it also was the thing that RST and Ballistic used in thier air forks, although that was much later on :?

RS1brochure2.jpg

RS1brochure1.jpg

[/img]

Latest posts

Back