Bike of Your Year......!!!

sinnerman

BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
BoTY Winner
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
What was your Bike of the year over the last 12 months....

It could be your build, or someone else's, a pic you seen on Mombat or simply the picture you've lusted over in your favourite mtb mag or coffee table book, or your favourite ride....

Lets see what you have...

Attachments

• Zinn-Mini%20Fillet%20Brazed%20Reynolds%20with%20matching%20fork%20and%20stem..jpeg.jpg
    Zinn-Mini%20Fillet%20Brazed%20Reynolds%20with%20matching%20fork%20and%20stem..jpeg.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 1,038
Re:

Decided to go without stickers :cool:

URL=http://s105.photobucket.com/user/aonetraders/media/IMG_1150-1_zps12rzupup.jpg.html]
IMG_1150-1_zps12rzupup.jpg
[/URL]

That's a tough one. I find it difficult choosing just one BoTM from entrants that are pit before me every month, so I don't think I could pick an outright favourite from everyone's bikes on here and from everywhere else e.g. Breezer #1, the DB Manitous, the C-26s and every other Yeti ever, all the Kleins, the Ned M2, JMc's Salsa and Kamikaze Spesh - I could go on and on!).
I could try a top ten or five or maybe narrow it down to three at a push...
Not quite been here a year yet but it all started with my first build, the 91 DX, which I adore and have loved building, so that has to be my all-time favourite, forever, because it's mine very special to me.
To make up my top three from others I've seen in the past year (even in the flesh!), these have been the most memorable for various reasons and I'd love to own either of them.
They are Retro Spud's 94 Yeti ARC and Nigel Higgins's (John Atkins Cycles) John Tomac 92 Raleigh demo bike, formerly owned by Raleigh UK.
:cool:

Re:

Love that Zinn..... :cool:

Since you ask, very personal to me, and yes it's boring, but this is the bike of a lifetime for me. Love this little baby so much, still gets me right here every time I look at him....

Attachments

• Breezer finished!!!! 008.JPG
    Breezer finished!!!! 008.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 936
Re: Re:

LikeClockwork":3kbfoqpw said:
Love that Zinn..... :cool:

Since you ask, very personal to me, and yes it's boring, but this is the bike of a lifetime for me. Love this little baby so much, still gets me right here every time I look at him....
Ooh you tease! :-D

Re: Re:

LikeClockwork":2im8nf34 said:
As a Breezer geezer, that's gotta be one of the nicest posts I've read this year!

I do love Gios Potts above very much, but for me it's another Potts that is my number one lust. Everything about it just ticks all my boxes right now.

5497771_orig.jpg

And while I'm here, you've done a lovely job on that Breezer Kaz. I'd be proud too. ;)

Re:

Finding a JP Morgen 'survivor' made my year.

Replaced a few later additions with more appropriate kit, job done.... well apart from having to have the nackered rear shocks sorted shortly.

Yes there have been far more beautiful Retro bikes on here, and some I have lusted after, but not one that makes me smile as much as this.

al.

Attachments

• 12791003_833578260085663_2071940193713634639_n.jpg
    12791003_833578260085663_2071940193713634639_n.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 637
Back