Lower your nose?

The only Brooks saddle I ever had was in good nick. I kind of liked the look tbh, but it made my bits go numb after 5 miles whatever way I angled it. Sold. My usable saddles are set flat or very, very slightly nose down if bars much lower than seat.
Obviously saddle set up is a personal thing. But I can't see how an extreme nose-up position wouldn't put pressure on any male perineum or female tender bits. Unless you sit so upright as to be practically leaning backwards. Surely weight should largely be on sit bones?

Charge Spoon on my LTS = nose about 2cm up (it gets used for trails/ urban freeride etc) but only because the lip prevents me getting weight back otherwise. Likely going to be changed in the near future for a WTB Rocket V as that's a damn comfy perch for me & that will likely be more level.

TBH I usually start with the saddle level & adjust after a ride if I end up slipping forward or going numb down there. Was a little more nose-down BITD but that was based on bar position & not going numb, these days the shoulders don't appreciate ass-in-the-clouds riding position hence more level-butted.

Just reading this thread and what’s the craic with all these leather brooks that appear in the majority of the pics?

They’re about as appealing as wearing a pair of Clark’s shoes - comfortable but bloody fugly
Are you riding your bike or just sitting in the garage polishing it? ;)

It's like slammed stems on road bikes - looks great, totally impractical in real life.

Are you riding your bike or just sitting in the garage polishing it? ;)

It's like slammed stems on road bikes - looks great, totally impractical in real life.
I dunno, I managed for going on 7 years with my roadie set up that way (deep drops too, and I used them). Impractical for anyone that's not full of testosterone and either riding the tours or at least dreaming of doing...

Back