Show us your Jamis

makster

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
I've had a long-time love of all things Jamis, since buying my first Dakota with hard-earned summer job money in 1989.
I've spent may fruitless hours hunting for a 1986 fillet brazed Dakar, but no luck yet.
So, here are mine, some past, some present.

My 1988 Dakota (now gone, stolen by Siemens Healthcare!)
RockhopperComp037.jpg

RockhopperComp017.jpg

My 1986 Dakota

1993 Serotta built Dakar

I also have another 1988 Dakota frame and forks in my garage that needs some repair work doing.

These are images that I've spent hours locating, of the early Dakar. Jamis have been hugely helpful in providing shots from their archive, so I think it's a good idea to have there here for anyone else who's looking.

I'll update with any more info on these, as and when I find it

Re:

I loved that 88 Dakar of yours, and of course the Serotta build is awesome too :cool: Never owned a Jamis but always liked the look of them; one of the many underrated brands out there. Really good that Jamis hold a lot of stuff in their archives; seems that lots of companies, either through lack of organisation or takeovers/mergers, have lost a lot of their history or just aren't very helpful generally.

Re: Re:

raidan73":2q73rnlh said:
I loved that 88 Dakar of yours, and of course the Serotta build is awesome too :cool: Never owned a Jamis but always liked the look of them; one of the many underrated brands out there. Really good that Jamis hold a lot of stuff in their archives; seems that lots of companies, either through lack of organisation or takeovers/mergers, have lost a lot of their history or just aren't very helpful generally.

I've been lucky with Jamis. One of their heads of product development, Greg, has been with the company for 30 odd years, and it's him that's been helping me with this (and other stuff in the past!).

Re:

Here's my '92 Jamis Diablo. Found as a wreck of a frame with no original finishing kit, so have built it trying to do the old girl justice! Hope you like it! :-D Love the natty cable routing!

Attachments

• NewImage_750_422_90(19).jpg
    NewImage_750_422_90(19).jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 1,857
  • WP_20150902_00_32_36_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150902_00_32_36_Pro.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 1,855
Back