Show us your Jamis

Re:

Here's the '87 Dakar I used to have. I left it with a friend when we moved last year. It was a solid machine and the 6 speed XT group was flawless. It's a lugged Prestige frame that looks the same as Kuwaharas from the same year.

Reactions: bif
Re: Re:

Gaddmeister":qgi8j8si said:
Has your friend still got it?

He donated it to a charity that sends bikes to Africa.

When he told me I cringed, but didn't have the heart to criticise.

When we moved I could only fit four bikes in our shipping container, I left the Dakar and one that I had fillet brazed myself as well as my wife's recumbent. It hurt to leave the two mountain bikes. I don't miss the recumbent.

Very much liked mine - was absolutely original and barely used it - stupidly sold it to a lad who was off to tour along the Rhine.

makster":25i7bc2k said:
Excellent!
That looks fantastic now :cool:
Thanks Makster! Getting there, frame design looks similar to the Dakar with the seat clamp area. I cannot believe how rare and underrated these beautifully designed bikes are. You hardly ever see them for sale! Regret getting rid of my '88 Diablo! If I sold it to you and are reading this....it my Birthday soon! :-D seriously though adding to the collection is impossible! Keep looking. :)

Gaddmeister":mun0yvu8 said:
makster":mun0yvu8 said:
Excellent!
Thanks Makster! Getting there, frame design looks similar to the Dakar with the seat clamp area. I cannot believe how rare and underrated these beautifully designed bikes are. You hardly ever see them for sale! Regret getting rid of my '88 Diablo! If I sold it to you and are reading this....it my Birthday soon! :-D seriously though adding to the collection is impossible! Keep looking. :)

How about an '88 Dakota instead?

makster":ph4ivjm6 said:
Gaddmeister":ph4ivjm6 said:
makster":ph4ivjm6 said:
Excellent!

How about an '88 Dakota instead?
Who's and how much? There is a budget in place unfortunately! :-D

Back