Giant Box One & Box Two, discuss..........

1997BlackC5

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I've just managed to grab a Box Two for sub £30 was thinking of stripping, powder coating & rebuilding with better spec, looking for your thoughts.....

11240029.gif

11510339.gif

hope these help......

full bike for sub £30?

i'd either sort out any tired parts & thrash it into the ground or strip, clean, re-paint, rebuild & have a good, cheap ride to be proud of.

what was standard kit on these? upgrading it to xtr level seems a tad OTT but going onto a full 737 xt build or maybe go newer & drop slx / sram x-7 onto it?

Its already been upgraded to trigger shift from grip shift, I was thinking of powder coat & some coloured cables/grips etc, maybe STX on the shifter front.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
i saw the black & white one on ebay too.

the things you see when you've just had to put a new alternator on both cars in the space of a fortnight :evil:

Nice one Stewlewis, what front forks are you currently running because those triple clamp forks do look good. I was thinking of getting some black Suntour XCR lockout forks with 100mm travel new from ebay (only circa £60). What rear shock are you running & finally did the Box One have the rear disc mounting already by the rear drop out or did you have to use an adapter to fit the rear disc.......sorry so many questions!

Back