Marin Palisades Trail 1997? RST Forks?

cerysthomas

Retro Newbie
Good Afternoon

Managed to get this off Facebook Market Place for £70. Much better nick than I thought it would be.

All seems original spec apart from the tyres. My query is are the forks correct or do you think someone has added them after?

Sure I will have loads more questions. Always wanted a Marin when I was younger so that box is ticked, just whether to smarten it up etc the frame has what I thought were lots of scratches and decals faded/peeling. However looking round on here it may just be the lacquer? Will get some more photos.

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_1020.jpeg
    IMG_1020.jpeg
    562.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1018.jpeg
    IMG_1018.jpeg
    460 KB · Views: 16
Thats a worthwhile purchase!

Reet, there was a 'bought from the shop' option to have either manitou or rst fitted, as an upgrade...
Those particular mozo ones are from a littke earlier, i believe. Either way, added.
They are ok though.
Box offering was yellow rigid forks, nothing special. Keep the rst on, may help keep the bike a more versatile machine.
V brakes not original from what i can see. Work all the same though.

Ah, yeah, the finish isnt bad considering the 26 years of the bike.
If you cant stand it....some rattle can lacquer may help. Rough up the existing with stainless wire wool, etc, keep the tin at a good distance and bang a thin coat on. Work in short bursts and take your time. The lacquer will fill in any unsightly blemishes.

Thats a worthwhile purchase!

Reet, there was a 'bought from the shop' option to have either manitou or rst fitted, as an upgrade...
Those particular mozo ones are from a littke earlier, i believe. Either way, added.
They are ok though.
Box offering was yellow rigid forks, nothing special. Keep the rst on, may help keep the bike a more versatile machine.
V brakes not original from what i can see. Work all the same though.
That is great info, cheers! V-Brakes are Dia Compe 737 which looking at the 1997 brochure says Die Compe Long Arm and the Brake Levers are DP-7 as per the brochure. So I may be in luck with all original parts apart from tyres and pedals.

Back