Traced back first owner: It is a Indian Firetrail!

MarinBiker

Dirt Disciple

IMGP1577 by MACRO-ADDICTED, on Flickr
I have several questions. Is this really a Marin Indian Firetrail from 1995 as the vendor said?
At the moment the bikes is at the policestation as it was stolen and then found. I wanted to rebuild it. First polish the frame, and maybe put some front suspension (or a nice classic fork) on it. After finishing polishing the frame how do I seal it? Waxing? Thanks

But hadn`t the Marin Nail Trail hat STX parts?
My bike has lx shifters from 95? and a xt and lx part mix from 95.
Does the frame number contain any infos?

I know that catalogue. Thats why I am unsure. I think its the same bike as Inigo Montoya on here has. His one is from 1994. My bike has not got the 1995 decal at the front, its the older (?) decal in black. And it has an old xt derailer and lx shifters and gear.

OK, I looked at the 1994 catalogue. Its definately from 1994, because it has the black decal at the front. Mhhh, It could be the Nail Trail, but it does not have any stx part. It has the pink/violet parts, yes. And it has 21 gears, so its closer to the Nail Trail. Strange mystery.

Does the Frame number help? Is there any difference apart from the parts that seperated Marin Indian Firetrail and Nail Trail?

Thanks

It's not in my 1997 catalogue, not much help I know but at least it's one year you can cross off.

I'm thinking the IFT had a fatter down tube than the Nail Trail. If you look at the catalog (in german) the IFT has a lot more verbage under the frame spec than the Nail Trail, not sure what 2-Fach and 4-Fach is, but it's referring to the tubes, maybe double butted? I had the 1993, obviously things changed in 94 and 95:

Attachments

• Marin Indian Fire Trail 1993 1.jpg
    Marin Indian Fire Trail 1993 1.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 4,946
Back