1997 Kona Explosif Frame Gold - Lost in post with My Hermes.

Re:

Great news that you’ve got the frame back. After all it’s been through, I’d be tempted to keep it. It’ll always have a good story behind it.

Re:

I have been following this story and am really happy that it has worked out.

Back in the early-mid 90's I worked, at Heathrow, for a company that shipped allsorts around the world, for lots of courier and freight companies. You would not believe, unless you worked there then, the amount of stuff that vanished into thin air, from warehouses and flights, and anything from cars to trainers. Weekly it was in the millions including what the gangs and chancers stole in the lounges.

None of the big names are perfect but, if you can, always go for a courier that have proper vans and drivers in uniform. As soon as some unshaven joker turns up in a beaten up, random red van, or in an estate car with family onboard, on a sunday pm, the chance of your package going missing goes sky high. The big names like DHL, TNT and UPS are generally more expensive, but the warehouse operations are way more secure and drivers are accountable for what they move.

Hermes should be avoided at all costs. Complaints never go anywhere, drivers are not reprimanded and, much like certain companies and warehouses that existed at heathrow, Hermes attracts lot of dodgy people due to the way it is run.

Re: Re:

Frankenorange":3petixn0 said:
None of the big names are perfect but, if you can, always go for a courier that have proper vans and drivers in uniform. As soon as some unshaven joker turns up in a beaten up, random red van, or in an estate car with family onboard, on a sunday pm, the chance of your package going missing goes sky high. The big names like DHL, TNT and UPS are generally more expensive, but the warehouse operations are way more secure and drivers are accountable for what they move.

Hermes should be avoided at all costs. Complaints never go anywhere, drivers are not reprimanded and, much like certain companies and warehouses that existed at heathrow, Hermes attracts lot of dodgy people due to the way it is run.

I have had more items go missing through RM than anyone else. I think you take a chance with any company you choose these days. Getting appropriate compensation cover is the key really, that's where the expense lies for most, including Hermes. They may be cheap but as seen here the compensation is only £20. If you want higher you pay higher.

lost none with RM, 2 with Hermes, 4 with Yodel especially when contacting them wasn't an option!
I use RM to send stuff to my partner in Madrid and even though relying on Correos to make the final delivery, all has been good with constant tracking updates via RM website.

hooray. And well done the seller. I hope we werent all to mean initially. :oops:

And the moral of this story...

do not use My Hermes.

A life lesson there for us all. Unless anyone here thinks it was all worth the £3 saving :LOL:

Re: Re:

al-onestare":bx1yoy5l said:
Excellent news dude, well done for getting her back. Is the original buyer still interested?

Nope, Iv'e message him but no reply as yet. It'll be back on Ebay under MY account soon enough.

:)

Back