Zinn Classic..... Chocolate orange 🍊 Finished pg5

Christ. I was loving this thread, in till I saw those bars🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦
Like I say..... Don't fret, 531 stem and 501 bars are waiting in the wings, this won't get ridden if I fit them though as it's a bit small for me, at least this way I can give it a try and if I like it I'll be the eccentric guy in who rides that big BMX in tweed and flat cap whilst eating cheese.

I love it!
i'd like something similar for park/urban/chippy runs...

Sunday papers run 😉

Wicked! It's an odd one - we hardly ever see 'bodies' (or faces) on this site as it's for bikes, but a picture of you astride that exceptional beast to see how the adult body fits that thing would be good.

Mmmmm, may have to do that in true pimp my bike pose.

I love the setup. Bars, tires, paint... all beautiful. But especially how the paint works with the cream tires, just magnificent. Makes me want to get a small frame to fool around on. Now get it finished!

Few more parts arrived over the past week for this in so figured I'd get my ass into gear a bit so I had a little bit of fooling around in the garden as it's been a splendid day, sadly it's been slow progress what with the sun, beer 🍺 and popping out for another project 🤦

Since it is Zinn classic we are going back with all the kit that came off it except for the wheels which to be fair were quite badly off and mismatched, these have been replaced with some old suntour on Mavic m261 wheels I had,

As you can see the BMX bar and stem have stayed just for shits and giggles, I don't know if it's going to be a comfortable bike to ride so it may stay like that just because it looks so freaking cool (how to annoy the purists eh) I also drilled the stem through for a cable slot so the cantilevers could be run instead of using that ugly front washer hanger thingy bobby.

Got some from lovely orange cables from jagwire, same brakes have gone back on after a clean and new brake blocks however it would appear that Maggie took a liking to the rear brake blocks and I've had two make them a bit shorter as she chewed the end of them..... Bad dog!

not much else to report so heres a piccy

IMG_20220324_153005.jpg
IMG_20220324_153358.jpg

Wow! That wasn’t how I saw things progressing as I skimmed through the photos in this thread! Kind of like it.

I started to think about the logistics of a gyro and some stunt pegs and quickly gave up.

So.... Bit of time to finish the Zinn off

The original plan was to stay Sachs classic groupset, time hadn't been kind to it and it looked rough, I really tried to make it good but alas it was sun baked plastic, didn't look good 😔

So I dug out some old bits and bobs

Frame Zinn classic 501
Fork Zinn 531
Stem BMX/or Zinn 531
Bars BMX/ or Reynolds 501
Headset stronglight
Shifters deore XT thumbies
Front derailleur Deore XT
Rear derailleur Deore XT
Brake levers Ritchey logic
Cantilevers Ritchey logic
Bottom bracket Shimano un--
Chainset Ritchey logic
Pedals sakae low fat
Cable set jagwire
Hubs suntour
Rims Mavic 261
Freewheel suntour
Tyres continental retroride
Grips odi a likes
Saddle San Marco rolls suede
Seatpost kalloy

IMG_20220417_143216.jpg

Hope you all like it, I can say it makes a too small frame sooooooooo useable, very comfortable, cool looking and retrotastic to boot.

As I said, original bar and stem are in reserve.

IMG_20220411_170559.jpg

More pics to come 🤪

That is so f'kin dope! :cool:

Only bit i don't like is those reflectors.. Spokey-Dokeys would have been a better choice and a little stack of Fletchers bread bag clips on the cables wouldn't hurt either...

Back