Selling my 90s MTBs

Vizard

Retro Newbie
Hi All

The Fast Show made me do it.

I took my son to see "An Evening with the Fast Show" last week, having told him how brilliant the Fast Show was. He sat for two hours without so much as a titter and he was angry with me afterwards for wasting his time. It was the most recent, and probably the last, time I had let him down, having promised him something brilliant.

I felt that I had let the boy down and, at that moment, I realised that some things are best left in the 90s and that includes mountain biking. So I am going to sell my bikes.

I have a Chas Roberts White Spider with lots of nice components and an Orange O2 with Rock Shox Judy Slaloms.

I plan to sell them on Ebay, because I don't know what they are worth. But any guidance about where to pitch them would be appreciated. I am in no rush to sell.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_6185.jpg
    IMG_6185.jpg
    839.6 KB · Views: 90
  • thumbnail_IMG_6176.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_6176.jpg
    937 KB · Views: 92
Sadly, as with all decent bikes its will be worth more in bits...as a member, why not sell said bits on here.

Ebay or even our own selling pages ( which can be searched) will give you good ideas of what to ask for pricewise.

If I'm not mistaken that Roberts is the fabled 'Le Bleu' that was custom built and painted in the French team colours especially for Eric Cantona, unfortunately he never received the call up for the World cup squad and in a fit of pique he refused to take delivery of the bike.

Fans of King Eric might be willing to pay up to and beyond several thousand pounds for what is a unique piece of both MTB and football history.

April Fool :p

Hi All

The Fast Show made me do it.

I took my son to see "An Evening with the Fast Show" last week, having told him how brilliant the Fast Show was. He sat for two hours without so much as a titter and he was angry with me afterwards for wasting his time. It was the most recent, and probably the last, time I had let him down, having promised him something brilliant.

I felt that I had let the boy down and, at that moment, I realised that some things are best left in the 90s and that includes mountain biking. So I am going to sell my bikes.

Humour, unfortunately, doesn't always age or travel well. Add in a child determined not to have fun (as most of us are at some point with our parents despite their imploring..). Perhaps he will appreciate the fast show more when he's older, or at least his memory of you having taken him to it.

If I'm not mistaken that Roberts is the fabled 'Le Bleu' that was custom built and painted in the French team colours especially for Eric Cantona, unfortunately he never received the call up for the World cup squad and in a fit of pique he refused to take delivery of the bike.

Fans of King Eric might be willing to pay up to and beyond several thousand pounds for what is a unique piece of both MTB and football history.

April Fool :p
You're mistaken. This one was made for me specially. I had to pay extra for Cantona Blue paint, though.

Humour, unfortunately, doesn't always age or travel well. Add in a child determined not to have fun (as most of us are at some point with our parents despite our implorings..). Perhaps he will appreciate the fast show more when he's older, or at least his memory of you having taken him to it.

Other ways in which I have let him down:

Fawlty Towers
Airplane
Austin Powers.

All of them hilarious in my memory, none of them remotely funny when I watched them with him. I cannot blame him for being a humourless little sod, I didn't laugh either!

Gen-Z are weak, have no humour and will go out in time as our dumbest generation.
No wonder as they were fed total bullshit over "social media" for a decade or more now.

It's not you, it's them.

Also, welcome and nice bikes.

Gen-Z are weak, have no humour and will go out in time as our dumbest generation.
No wonder as they were fed total bullshit over "social media" for a decade or more now.

It's not you, it's them.

Also, welcome and nice bikes.
Thank you!

It's not a great time to sell classic bikes, unfortunately for you.
The Covid bike boom has depressed the new market and the vintage market appears to have followed suit. I'm still trying to understand the relationship.

The Roberts ought to be worth approaching 2k, but you might be lucky to get much over 1 for it.
Worth mentioning the cantona colour.
I'd suggest listing at 1400 and be open to offers, although you could start a lot higher and see what happens.

The orange is less rare, less valuable. Sadly 400 might be strong atm - but if course same again, if you find someone who really wants one this size/ colour/ condition, they might pay twice that and still consider they've got a bargain.

Back