Zaskar LE 1995 "Restomod-ish"

Dawwe

Dirt Disciple
My Zaskar is finally finished. 18" frame from 1995 in very good condition (yes I did handpolish it and put on new stickers). Spec in short is SunRingle Carbon SRD Wheelsets with red SunRingle hubs. Tires Panaracer Dart/Smoke. Fork is A-German Carbon Xcite X-Ray 100mm. Other parts are BR-M9120 with 2-piece XT discs 180mm/203mm. BB-M952, FC-M952, CS-M960, SL-M952, FD-M953, RD-M953. Ritchey headset bearings. Jagwire Pro wires. KMC "Titannitride chain". And some cheap-ish carbon/aluminium Ritchey parts to match the Carbon rims (seatpost, handlebar, stem and barends). Feels light and rides like a dream with exceptionally smooth shifting and wonderful feel when braking. And yes I ride with road pedals, this bike is only used for "nice weather riding" mostly on paved and gravel roads. IMG_3277.JPG IMG_3276.JPG IMG_3275.JPG IMG_3274.JPG IMG_3273.JPG IMG_3272.JPG IMG_3271.JPG IMG_3270.JPG IMG_3269.JPG IMG_3268.JPG

Interesting fork choice. I did an internship at German:A a good number of years ago. Quite memorable, for many reasons.

How is the fork performing?

My Zaskar is finally finished. 18" frame from 1995 in very good condition (yes I did handpolish it and put on new stickers).
Wow that's seriously shiny, mine lasted about a month like that from new then I couldn't be bothered polishing it and it's been covered in mud for the last 2½ decades. The only bits I keep clean are the gears & mechs.

this bike is only used for "nice weather riding" mostly on paved and gravel roads.
Naa, get it caked in mud, they love it.

This looks rad! I'm interested in how you fitted the rear disk brake?
Yeah, we need more details of this.... please....

Latest posts

Back