Yo Eddy BOI fork rake...

H

Retro Guru
Afternoon peeps. I’m on the hunt for the spec of the above fork so my frame builder can weld a set up. I have a 1996 Yo Eddy, which I believe is corrected for a 65mm 1 1/8th suspension fork. The new BOI fork needs an axle to crown measurement of 440mm (I think) and a measurement for rake, this is where you guys might help me. Just one further question, are there any other measurements I might need, as this is all new to me. Thanks in anticipation, Pete.

Re:

Scant is bang on. Who’s making the forks and if you dont mind me asking, how much for them ?

Re:

The A-C varied as the years went on iirc. 92 and earlier were typically non sus corrected A-C 390-5mm, 93-96 or so A-C of 415-425 and from 97 ~ onwards A-C went from 425-440mm depending on the model. You can tinker with the A-C by adding a CK 10mm baseplate extender. I have one if needed. Comparison of the head tube length for the same sized frame in different era catalogues ( found on here in the archives ) will confirm the above. The shorter the relative headtube, the higher the A-C needs to be.

Heres is an informative thread on the BOI ride, see Pete Mcc’s comments. The original factory BOIs are amazing to ride. The newer repros are stiffer and loose some of the delightful feel of the originals which had custom tubing spec no longer made, like the frames.

viewtopic.php?t=321033

Re:

Fantastic support fellas! Happily, my frame builder has the right dropouts in stock and I’ve got an Igleheart segmented folk for him to look at as a reference. Am I right in thinking that Paragon might sell canti bosses that match the BOI originals? Please confirm if you know and/or advise me of another more local (e.g. UK) supplier. Peace and love, H.

Am I right in thinking that Paragon might sell canti bosses that match the BOI originals? Please confirm if you know and/or advise me of another more local (e.g. UK) supplier.
Paragon do make bosses to match, not absolutely perfectly, though.
Still tubular with the separate catch plate for the spring, but not in the weird 3/16"-UNC (or whatever) that the original used, just the modern M10 standard thread, so a little larger diameter in the body. They look almost identical once assembled.

Peter at Ceeway does hold some PMW parts, but not these brake bosses, so I have some of these in stock if you want a pair.

Looking at the BOI which I have in the workshop at the moment, the mitre would need adjusting to get the boss width correct:

All the best,

Attachments

• IMAG4644.jpg
    IMAG4644.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 281
Re:

Hey fellow Retro Bikers, I’m ready to ask Lee Cooper to make my BOI fork. Just to confirm, my Yo Eddy frame is an early 1998, which I believe is suspension corrected for a 65mm fork (?, sadly, I don’t have access to a 1998 catalogue). I now have the correct canti bosses (thanks Danson), the correct Campagnolo dropouts (thanks Lee) and the correct fork rake at 1.5 inch.
Now for the A - C of the new fork. Like I’ve said the serial number dates it as an early 1998 Yo Eddy Team frame. The frame’s head tube is 121mm (now powder coated). Remembering M-Power’s excellent post (thanks), what length A - C should I ask Lee to build? Should it be 425mm or longer say a length between 425-440mm or 440mm? All/any help gratefully received. Peace and love, H.

Back