Yeti ARC AS 1993 ready to ride.

cfreeride

Dirt Disciple
Hi everyone.

I show you my 93 Yeti ARC AS. Rear shock rebuilded, new elastomers on Manitou (bought to "rva" on forum) XTR 950/XT, Syncros, Flite, modern Crossride wheels for mountain tracks, and post 95 ITM road stem (oval top tube an then oval stem :) )
¿Ringlé, Grafton, Kooka...? Too much expenditure at the moment, perhaps later.
I hope you like it.

Re:

I was going to say how horrid the stem is, but as I was about to type that it grew on me.

Nice bike!

:)

Re:

Cool bike :cool:, even without the conventional Ringle and Grafton additions.
Think I like those Manitou's..

How does she ride in this configuration?

fattiman":3pbbamwb said:
Nice bike, maybe put the seatpost up a bit more it looks a little low?

Ja, Ja, sorry, The photo was made at the time of the first assembly, obviously for my height it goes much lower.

BoyBurning":3pbbamwb said:
I was going to say how horrid the stem is, but as I was about to type that it grew on me.

Nice bike!

:)

I have a Ringlé, but very long for me and with too many inclination degrees, I never liked the stems like this. I had this ITM, vintage, yellow and oval, not bad for me and I have placed it, in the future probably i'll try to find another Ringlé, A.tac or similar.

Double-E F":3pbbamwb said:
Cool bike :cool:, even without the conventional Ringle and Grafton additions.
Think I like those Manitou's..

How does she ride in this configuration?

Perfect for me. I don't have retro bikes to hang them on the wall like a painting, they were made to be on mountains, on trails and there I go with them.
All components work perfectly, very similar to those currently on the market, only careful with brakes (they are not discs) with the tires grip, and with suspension travel, only 2.5-3.5 millimeters.
With this stem, the position is very aggressive, but I like it.

Thanks for your comments and sorry for my bad English.

Nice bike ;)

cfreeride":107j486u said:
Yes, I have jersey but no pants, for the moment I'm going naked from the waist down. :)

:shock: . I will have nightmares now. Take care, you can be "nenuco" :LOL:

Back