Wrist watch and timepiece discussion thread

Yes good point.
Mine is well overdue a service and clean-up - and that's something I've been meaning to do for a long time, as the likely bill has always put me off, but the longer I leave it the more it will cost. I'll look in to it.

Pity we hadn’t talked before as my mate has just p/x his sub date against a seadweller. I’d of been interested in your 5 digit if you had bought his but surely if you’ve had it 15 years you could part with it now ?

@GSB nice work, it looks mint..
I bought both my then girlfriend (now wife) and I watches in 96, i've just dug out the soft cases to check the date.. I must have been loved up or something. She still wears hers too, black face, different bezel, they've never cost us anything other than replacement batteries, service and reseal.

fullsizeoutput_3429.jpeg

My dad never wore a watch, he had the uncanny ability to stop them within hours of putting them on, wind'up, battery it didn't matter.. they just stopped.

Reactions: GSB
I was very lucky to meet the then owner of TAG Heuer back in 2004, he was late for lunch after the plane he was piloting was struck by lightning

Back