William, My Orbit

KermitGKona88

Gold Trader
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
Hi Everyone

When I first saw this offered up by one of the true gentlemen of Retrobike Longun, I totally fell in love with it and at the price he offered it for it was a total no brainer. The build unusually for me is going to be quite subdued being only blacks, greys, and silvers as I don't want to detract from the fantastic paint. Forks are going to be black ones off a Muddy Fox I hope, components are going to be as many European parts as I can manage and a mixture of period and slightly more modern parts, mainly Campagnolo, Mavic, U.S.E. Alien seat post, and the original stem :cool: :cool: . First pictures are the ones Longun sent me used with his kind permission :D .

Attachments

• Orbit 4.jpg
    Orbit 4.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 516
  • Orbit 3.jpg
    Orbit 3.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 514
  • Orbit 2.jpg
    Orbit 2.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 513
  • Orbit 1.jpg
    Orbit 1.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 515
  • Orbit 0.jpg
    Orbit 0.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 516
Re:

I really liked doing the stem, wouldnt mind doing another frame similarly but with red white and blue. Glad its gone to another good home and cant wait to see it built :)

Re:

Now up as a rolling chassis, Mavic 501 front and 571 rear on 231 silver rims, shod with Avocet Cross tyres and held on with Sachs skewers. The forks are Muddy Fox ( Thanks to jimwise68 ) and fitted perfectly with the Chorus headset that I wanted to use bonus!!!! U.S.E. Alien post and Selle San Marco Regal saddle held firmly in place with a Silver Odyssey Ti clamp bolt.

Attachments

• Orbit RC 2.jpg
    Orbit RC 2.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 428
  • Orbit RC 1.jpg
    Orbit RC 1.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 426
Great looking bike! Watching with interest :) Recently picked up an Orbit myself, a 531 touring bike though, just gathering the parts to ditch the drop bars and change it to a flat bar tourer....

Cheers
Stu

Re:

Thanks Stu :D

Hope you are going to post some pics of the Orbit as I would love to see it, what are you missing ?

I will have to update the Fuquay thread soon as I have changed so much on it, it is like a different bike now.

Cheers

Mark :D

Re:

Late to the party it seems...

Looks great alreadyand I think the build will be spot on. A set of carbon RC35's would be the icing on the cake I think.

It should end up similar to my 653 one in the end. Probably should have kept that in retrospect!

Re: Re:

mynchiboy":2bts24fr said:
Late to the party it seems...

Looks great alreadyand I think the build will be spot on. A set of carbon RC35's would be the icing on the cake I think.

It should end up similar to my 653 one in the end. Probably should have kept that in retrospect!

Thank you :D

If I were going to seriously off road it RC35's would be great, but as this is slightly on the large side I think it will be used as a fat tyre road tourer with all the braze on's :cool:. I think we all have bikes / frames we feel we should have kept in retrospect, I know I have :facepalm:

Latest posts

Back