Why did you pick your username?

The product of a teenage discussion about what would be the worst possible name for a band such that it would fail to be meaningful, clever or funny on any conceivable level.

Many moons ago, upon return from a night out, I, in a highly intoxicated state, passed out on a mates sofa. They decided it would be funny to play a game of 'pissed bloke buckeroo'. The items being placed upon me became increasingly ridiculous and I apparently was woken more than a few times, getting more agitated with each. They obviously found this highly amusing, so carried on. Eventually I snapped, jumped off of the sofa, grabbed a pair of scissors off the table and said something along the lines of 'If you don't f****** leave me alone, I'm gonna cut your f****** foreskins off'. Tris went 'Ooooh, Benjabbi the Rabbi' and that was that! I woke up the next morning with no knowledge of any of this, but the name bloody stuck, at least for a few years, although shortened to just 'Jabbi' in the end. When I signed up to this place it was the first variation I typed that it would let me have and ended up as my username on quite a few sites for the same reason.

Last edited:
Mine goes back to the early 2000s when a left-leaning UK newspaper's website (OK it was the Guardian) had a very active series of chatrooms, including one for cyclists. I wanted to join the conversation and for no real reason chose 'moonlite' because I'd just fitted X-lite bar ends to my Orange P7. It was just any word that could be ended with 'lite'. I used it here in case any of those old posters had moved over here -- so far, none. Or none who cares to out themselves, anyway.
Everyone here graduating to the right in our old age? 😂

The product of a teenage discussion about what would be the worst possible name for a band such that it would fail to be meaningful, clever or funny on any conceivable level.
How’s the band going? Let’s get some sound files up

Many moons ago, upon return from a night out, I, in a highly intoxicated state, passed out on a mates sofa. They decided it would be funny to play a game of 'pissed bloke buckeroo'. The items being placed upon me became increasingly ridiculous and I apparently was woken more than a few times, getting more agitated with each. They obviously found this highly amusing, so carried on. Eventually I snapped and said something along the lines of 'If you don't f****** leave me alone, I'm gonna cut your f****** foreskin off with those scissors'. Within seconds I was christened 'Benjabbi the Rabbi'. I woke up the next morning with no knowledge of any of this, but the name bloody stuck, at least for a few years, although shortened to just 'Jabbi' in the end. When I signed up to this place it was the first variation I typed that it would let me have and ended up as my username on quite a few sites for the same reason.
I mean.. graphic 😂

Back