Why did you pick your username?

BlackCat

BoTM Winner
Fat Chance Fan
After over a decade of knocking around these parts and noting various prominent users and their handles, it got me to wondering.. how did you come up with your username? I know there are some names with clear MTB connotations - but most aren’t.

Mine is simple. I had a black cat. More particularly, I had, at the time, both a black cat and a mountain bike (‘07 Dale Prophet) in the same picture. I needed a profile pic, and that is all could come up with. Actually. Come to think of it, I still have them both 🤷🏼‍♂️

^^Black cats are a running theme in our house, my last one was called Gillespie, i got him when i left home at 18.. I had him for 19 happy years.

fullsizeoutput_2f65.jpeg

...current one is called Leonard
fullsizeoutput_33ca.jpeg

...user name was my nickname at school/variation of my surname and avatar was my local record shop where i used to hang out.

^^Black cats are a running theme in our house, my last one was called Gillespie, i got him when i left home at 18.. I had him for 19 happy years.

View attachment 605007

...current one is called Leonard
View attachment 605006

...user name was my nickname at school/variation of my surname and avatar was my local record shop where i used to hang out.
19 years is a solid innings for a mog! My (black) cat is called Gee (after a certain downhiller). He must be 15 or so now. 970286FD-952C-49C0-BF28-089399235C09.jpeg

Last edited:
A long long time ago in a galaxy far far away, a buddy of mine from Glasgow would do an excellent impression of Sean Connery and I as a Londoner did a passable Michael Caine.
The monikers “Danny Boy” & “Peachy” stuck..
61767C89-DEBF-4901-9D02-9EE25CF7A9C0.jpeg

Last edited:
Back