who knows what about muddyfox!

....Any one know anyhting about Muddy Fox Moarch Comp, there's one on FbMp.
it's looks to be a later version, mid 90's and a mishmash of parts.

the pics are not great but I cannot see any frame material stickers.

Any body know the original groupset, and frame spec for these?

Cheers

I thought they were still meant kind of good in the late '90s, say around 1997/98 but I'm no expert. Those earlier steel framed ones are the best by a long shot though. You can't beat the look of those older MTBs and the paint jobs a lot of them were finished in, I wish modern manufacturers would take some inspiration from those days when spraying their frames now instead of the boring black, red and white you often see. I want to see more splatter paint and fades.
Sorry I went a bit off topic there.

I've got a 1983/4 MB-MF-26B (called an Explorer or Adventurer, I forget which). Had it from new, from S&G Cycles, still ride it most days.
It's mostly original, although it has the straight-top bars and and 18 gear Shimano set from a more expensive model a friend owned but drove over in his garage. New seat (the originals break easily) and beartrap pedals for which I carry scars going back several decades but can't 'bear' to remove. I've had several low-end bikes since and always seem to end up riding the MF again.

I've got a 1983/4 MB-MF-26B (called an Explorer or Adventurer, I forget which). Had it from new, from S&G Cycles, still ride it most days.
It's mostly original, although it has the straight-top bars and and 18 gear Shimano set from a more expensive model a friend owned but drove over in his garage. New seat (the originals break easily) and beartrap pedals for which I carry scars going back several decades but can't 'bear' to remove. I've had several low-end bikes since and always seem to end up riding the MF again.
Nice! Would love to see some pictures? Love the old school decals.

I live on a farm. Ride the bike down to the gate for the post most days. Not exactly what it was originally bought for, but both of us are a bit more worn out than we were! It's had a bit of a hard life - I broke the derailleur and saddle within a month of getting the bike.
Front fork design is pre-BMX, more like what you'd find on a Tandem. The brake pads certainly are - that's all that I could find locally to replace the originals at the time.

PXL_20210627_133315471.jpg PXL_20210627_133324504.jpg PXL_20210627_133456855.jpg

I live on a farm. Ride the bike down to the gate for the post most days. Not exactly what it was originally bought for, but both of us are a bit more worn out than we were! It's had a bit of a hard life - I broke the derailleur and saddle within a month of getting the bike.
Front fork design is pre-BMX, more like what you'd find on a Tandem. The brake pads certainly are - that's all that I could find locally to replace the originals at the time.

View attachment 552038View attachment 552044View attachment 552040
Really nice! There's a 80's/ 90's Muddy Fox Face Book group that would love to see that. Look it up!👍

Back