Whats the Oldest Most Retro MTB/ATB You Own ?

1990 Proflex 550
retrobikeride035.jpg

retrobikeride038.jpg

old marin

1986 joe murray...pallisades trail.. has original tyres.

Attachments

• mmarin_1_292.jpg
    mmarin_1_292.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 3,216
1948 Rudge whitworth ,im saving for that rainy day :roll:
I'll have to post a pic at some time,when its a bit cleaner,lovely condition though and fully original right down to the dynamo front hub and lights,even got the pump
wheels could do with a rebuild and maybe a change to stainless spokes[and then again maybe not]

Read the title properly this time
And i dont think i can include it cos its a general purpose type of bike

Well mine is in no way original, only frame, saddle and pedals are from the 80s, but my earliest frame is my 1988/89 Roberts White Spider. Now all restored and 'retro-modded' into my Sunday canal path/pub bike retro roadster:

yti0b4.jpg

The thing that I love about it is the flowing lines of the fillet brazing which Chas is famous for, which gives the bike an almost OCLV look. Having seen and ridden a Potts, the quality is on a par with that in my eyes:

yti0b9.jpg

The problem I have with almost all early bikes is that they are always too big for my compact and perfectly formed body - 22" bikes just aren't comfy when you're 5' erh something. So either I need a Cunningham (10 a penny over here ;) ) or I have to resort to 90s+ bikes (no bad thing as I love this era). My ideal bikes are those from 89-92 as this was the time that I really started to appriciate the bikes rather than just raging a Raliegh Mustang with my mates and hence my collection seems to focus around here.

An updated oldest bike beating the previous entry by a couple of years. Also an experiment to see if I can do pictures on my prehistoric (and dying) laptop:
1988 Saracen Kili Flier. I will update the Reader's Bikes thread soon!

Attachments

• Kili_Side (Medium).JPG
    Kili_Side (Medium).JPG
    162.2 KB · Views: 1,326
Back