Whats the Oldest Most Retro MTB/ATB You Own ?

89/90 Pace RC100

P1000971.jpg

My first real mountain bike was a 1983 Ross Mount something or the other (I forget) that I sold and went back to a cruiser BMX bike. I had that Ross about a week when I taco'ed the rear wheel and chopper'ed the front fork landing big air. That's what happens when you take a BMX'er kid and put him on a bike that's not built for that kind of punishment. I still have that BMX cruiser, it's a 1983 24 inch wheel Mongoose Pro Class and I did a mountain bike race with it in about 84-85 in the single speed class. I got third and the "trophy" was an old chain ring painted bronze and hammered into a log...cool! After the race we had a big bon-fire, drank some barley pops and smoked some too.

I also have a prewar Schwinn Klunker that's in mid restoration. I'm shooting for that period repack look with this one.

Sorry I'm lame with the picture thing right now.

Great stuff :cool: , those 30's Schwinn's are superb :cool: .

Oldest i have at the moment is a 91 Clockwork, still a frame at the moment though i used my last Clockwork as a commuter last year (also a 91)

I've only been back into bikes a year or so, though i've always had a bike of some sort in the house somewhere. :cool:

Nice thread and some really nice rides here. My oldest offroad bike is my 86 ish Alan Record Carbonio CX commuter. Bu the oldest most retro MTB is a 91 Explosif. (Anthony reckons it's a 91 but there was some debate)

Rider92_06s.JPG

Enjoy!!

Missed this the first time round - good to see such a great variety of early birds on here.

I've a real soft spot for the look of 80's fare: Long wheelbase, riser bars, roller cams, etc

1985 Mt Fuji Ltd

fujiskyblueplus0152893xe1.jpg
[/img]

Heres a pic of my 30's Schwinn frame. Parts gathering is coming along nicely, should be ready by late Feb. Can't wait to put some paint on it- I have to braze on some canti mounts first.

Attachments

• SCHWINN.jpg
    SCHWINN.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 3,030
Back