What's the difference between the different Zaskars?

gm1230126":3s15v2nx said:
LTS Biker":3s15v2nx said:
The LE was initially a clear frame and lighter build: LE Light Edition.
The laters LE versions had some CNC parts in it, or an integrated seatpost clamp.
The later asian versions I can't tell anything about those.

wrong again

Likewise.... Back it up buttercup.

Russell":3w4gmnxc said:
gm1230126":3w4gmnxc said:
Russell":3w4gmnxc said:
The Zaskar Race was the lightest frame, saving 200-300g over the other two. I'm not sure that a standard Zaskar was available in the 'ball burnished' finish.

wrong

Don't be so supercilious, whats wrong? The fact that the 'race' was lighter or the fact that I'm not sure about something? I'm quite confident that me not being sure about something isn't something that you can judge to be either right or wrong so you must mean the weight thing? If thats the case then rather than rather than just typing "wrong", be a bit more useful, tell me why I'm wrong and and back it up with some actual frame weights please.

Quite happy to be wrong (I'm really not that bothered) but would like to know why.

Scroll down the page at this link: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=345824
Ther isn't a bike manufacturer on the planet that puts a lighter frame under a bike with LX componenets (ZasKar Race) than one that has XTR components (Zaskar Team). It just isn't done that way. You have too much riding on weight these days when you spec a bike and nobodies going to pay for a tank with XTR on it.
I wish I had kept a listing of all the wieghts for the frames I've sold the past few years. I know the Race wasn't lighter that the Teams and LE's even though they had disc mounts on them.

gm1230126":3tb5rslr said:
Russell":3tb5rslr said:
gm1230126":3tb5rslr said:
Russell":3tb5rslr said:
The Zaskar Race was the lightest frame, saving 200-300g over the other two. I'm not sure that a standard Zaskar was available in the 'ball burnished' finish.

wrong

Don't be so supercilious, whats wrong? The fact that the 'race' was lighter or the fact that I'm not sure about something? I'm quite confident that me not being sure about something isn't something that you can judge to be either right or wrong so you must mean the weight thing? If thats the case then rather than rather than just typing "wrong", be a bit more useful, tell me why I'm wrong and and back it up with some actual frame weights please.

Quite happy to be wrong (I'm really not that bothered) but would like to know why.

Scroll down the page at this link: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=345824
Ther isn't a bike manufacturer on the planet that puts a lighter frame under a bike with LX componenets (ZasKar Race) than one that has XTR components (Zaskar Team). It just isn't done that way. You have too much riding on weight these days when you spec a bike and nobodies going to pay for a tank with XTR on it.
I wish I had kept a listing of all the wieghts for the frames I've sold the past few years. I know the Race wasn't lighter that the Teams and LE's even though they had disc mounts on them.

Ah I see, what you're saying is that you don't actually know the weights either. I'll help you out, heres some frame weights (descending order) that I've lifted from the Weight Weenies site. I appreciate that it isn't definative, but its the only info we have. I've filtered out large frames so it only includes medium or smalls to be a fair comparison. It clearly shows that the Race frame is the lightest frame, in fact a 14.5"LE is nearly 200g heavier than a 16" Race according to this info.

GT Zaskar 2000 17.5" 1825g
GT Zaskar LE 1998 14.5" 1730gwith gear hanger
GT Zaskar Race 2002 M 1632gw/ seatpost clamp
GT Zaskar Pro 2003 Medium 1619gw/out seat clamp
GT Zaskar Race 2001 16" (S) 1576g

Like I said, not definative by any means, but as its all we have, I'm willing to go with it. ;)

[/b]

mikee":2sr4f6j2 said:
the 2000 zaskar race was the lightest so far ,there seems the be some
confusion as to what it was built with ,easton,kinesis ,or something else
my 2000 race is built with deore stuff and weights 22LB my mates 2000
(labeled easton tubed) built with xt/xtr and pace forks weights 24 LBS
the thing i would like to know is the frame number/model type id
or frame charecteristics

hi matey i got a 2000 gt zaskar race brand new off ebay for 65 quid red and black i hate red so striped the paint off and it has easton elite 7005 stamped in the tubes cheers yes its very light for a chunky strong frame if you get one get a rear brake booster if you use v brakes as the frame can flex
cheers dave

Back