What are your retro bike plans for 2024.

Fcuk knows. Probably won't involve a MTB if I'm honest with myself. OK perhaps one for more practical duties. I tend to just fly with the wind these days and pick-up something / whatever tickles my fancy generally when I need it the least but like to wrench on something.

After a shitty second half of the year I aim to finish what I started in 2023, and add a couple more things to the list:

1. Finish the new shed (not for bike use but will give me some wall space for some of my bike related pics, prints etc)
2. Complete at least 2 builds (not aiming for the stars here!)
3. Sell at least 5 frames/bikes
4. Continue my parts clear out, and try to be a bit more ruthless about it
5. Ride more
6. Buy a modern bike (largely dependent on how 3 and 4 go!)
7. Make my bike shed a nicer place to be in (again relying on 3 and 4)

Perhaps this year I have to change plans as all is trying to clear out 🤔 It is a very bad Idea to buy a retro full susp but ... I can adopt a STS if any one is in troubles. Size 17-18", no more. Two days buying nothing ... 🫣

1704276819827.jpeg

Plans:

Moving house, the new one has a garage & a couple of sheds so I can actually pull a few things out of deep storage to get into fixing them up and divide into keepers, sellers, parts. Maybe actually ride a few, that would be novel.

And yes, 2024 seems to be looking like it will be awash with vintage MTB sales, so maybe some interesting things to come?!

Back