What are your retro bike plans for 2024.

Just though as we are 1/3 of the way through the year, how people are doing on their list?

Ive made a fairly good start.

1. Team marin is almost finished, its on the road, just fine tuning really.

2. I've sold one of the saracens off

3. Only done 1 overnight stay with the bike so far, but the weather is still not on my side.

4. 🤣...well we all need a dream....that 230mm headtube roberts still seems a long way off!

How you guys doing?

After a shitty second half of the year I aim to finish what I started in 2023, and add a couple more things to the list:

1. Finish the new shed (not for bike use but will give me some wall space for some of my bike related pics, prints etc)
2. Complete at least 2 builds (not aiming for the stars here!)
3. Sell at least 5 frames/bikes
4. Continue my parts clear out, and try to be a bit more ruthless about it
5. Ride more
6. Buy a modern bike (largely dependent on how 3 and 4 go!)
7. Make my bike shed a nicer place to be in (again relying on 3 and 4)

1. Still progressing albeit slowly
2. Should have one finished this month
3. Sold one so far I think
4. Still progressing, at a snails pace
5. Err...
6. See 3 and 4 above
7. See 3 and 4 above

So probably a bit behind schedule but things will hopefully improve with the weather

1/3 through the year??? :oops:

Still utter chaos here since we moved late last December 🤯

Sadly I have proper craziness going on with my LHS of my upper body so in permanent pain and can barely ride a bike at the moment. Not without swearing every 30 seconds or so due to discomfort...

So my aim is to be able to cycle pain free (it won't be entirely pain free as my body is so crash-ridden!) and then I guess my first retro project will be the HUGE 1988 Hardrock I bought for the long-end Suntour groupset. It's a 22" (I rode 16" in the 90s!) but I can still ride it with the seat very low and it becomes an amazing cruiser which will be more comfy than the other machines I have hanging up whilst I get my body operating properly again.

@raidan73 Good luck with No. 5 on your list! 💪💪💪

Just though as we are 1/3 of the way through the year, how people are doing on their list?

Ive made a fairly good start.

1. Team marin is almost finished, its on the road, just fine tuning really.

2. I've sold one of the saracens off

3. Only done 1 overnight stay with the bike so far, but the weather is still not on my side.

4. 🤣...well we all need a dream....that 230mm headtube roberts still seems a long way off!

How you guys doing?

Still buying things I didn't know I needed until I saw them. Somone sold me a lovely chain guide recently .....

I want to tidy up my cave. And the garage, too. Not sure I'll make it though.
I started yesterday by goin' downstairs and looking at the mess for a few minutes. :eek:
Then tactical retreat.
I need to regroup and make more plans, I guess.
Watch a few vids on the YT about DIY shelving and cheap basement organisation solutions.
Then find a very fitting life advice guru who says that we shouldn't stick too much to those worldly matters...
Humming to myself a little tune: "Don't worry, beee happy!"

Last edited:
After a shitty second half of the year I aim to finish what I started in 2023, and add a couple more things to the list:

1. Finish the new shed (not for bike use but will give me some wall space for some of my bike related pics, prints etc)
2. Complete at least 2 builds (not aiming for the stars here!)
3. Sell at least 5 frames/bikes
4. Continue my parts clear out, and try to be a bit more ruthless about it
5. Ride more
6. Buy a modern bike (largely dependent on how 3 and 4 go!)
7. Make my bike shed a nicer place to be in (again relying on 3 and 4)

1. Still progressing albeit slowly
2. Should have one finished this month One build complete. 50% of the way there with more than 50% of the year left!
3. Sold one so far I think
4. Still progressing, at a snails pace
5. Err...
6. See 3 and 4 above
7. See 3 and 4 above

Back