What are they?

GT BIKE RIDER

Retro Guru
These 2 bikes are in an auction lot of about 25 bikes.These 2 stand out .I am thinking on bidding on them if it does not go too high.Any ideas as to identity of them.First one has interesting forks.

Attachments

• 3156460.jpg
    3156460.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 1,320
  • 3156397.jpg
    3156397.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 1,320
Not sure about the first one, but the second one is a Gary Fisher Joshua. Same URT design as the Trey Y bikes, but in aluminum instead of carbon fiber.

The forks on the first bike look to be Tange Switchblade... in chrome.
very nice. I would like them please :D

I wonder... if you win the auction.... can you just go in there with your tools remove the 2 or 3 items you really want and leave the rest? ;)

Going out on a limb as a not particularly well versed in US 80's MTB's....but any one else think the first one looks a little Ritchey?

JeRkY":3mohzh08 said:
Going out on a limb as a not particularly well versed in US 80's MTB's....but any one else think the first one looks a little Ritchey?

That's what I was thinking, looking at the seatclamp area at the top of the seatstays. Down tube cable routing looks pretty distinctive as well though?

Probably worth it in parts, aside from the switchblades and the obvious XT stuff I spy a tioga T-bone stem, XT cantis and what looks like an old shimano 600 headset :) :)

Back