What are they?

The seatpost area is similar to my 1987 Marin, it also has chainstay brakes and similar geometry, maybe that's what you are looking at?

*edit*

I'm wrong-the top is similar but the bottom of the lug is diffferent. I'm not really sure what you have. :?:

Forgive my bad eyes

the 1st one..at first I thought it had the canti mounts removed but looked further down towards the crank..is that a u brake?

GT BIKE RIDER":qc5one0m said:
Yes .Tange forks.

If you look very, very carefully at those forks you will notice something that will instantly tell you they are not Tange forks but are actually Bonty.

GT BIKE RIDER":1zylqywy said:
Well i am not too familiar with these type of forks.Is it the dropouts are forward facing?.

The man wins the prize! Spot on fella. Those are a rare set of adjustable dropout Bontrager forks. As a GT man you'll probably remember the forks on high end GTs with the adjustable dropouts and adjustment screws (3D forks or some such, im not too good with GT names..), these were the MTB precursor (although truth be told the idea is as old as the hills).

Nice. That is what i thought when i looked at the forward facing dropouts,Gts
acutrak fork .Tthat looked the same.I tried to google bontrager composite fork but only found the straight leg normal dropout.
Now i am going to really think about it.But 25 bike,Yikes !

Back