West Midland Rides 2013

theredchili

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Just to get the ball rolling after a great 2012,its time to start thinking about 2013.

To give some sort of structure to the Regional Rides though, how about we aim to put something on first weekend of each month (this may be half a dozen of us or just someone who says “I’m off for a ride in my local woods this Saturday if anyone fancies joining me”)? This of course doesn’t mean that we can’t get together at other times, far from it, but hopefully gives us at least one a month. So, potential dates (TBC) are:

January 6th Forest of Dean winter wobbler viewtopic.php?t=235532

February 17th daj Pre-Honc Cotswold mtb taster viewtopic.php?t=237432

March daj Cotswold Spring classic Road ride viewtopic.php?f=45&t=243913

April The Honc viewtopic.php?f=5&t=252197

May 12th The scrap yard challenge FOD viewtopic.php?f=45&t=255872

June Mountain Mayhem viewtopic.php?f=5&t=260525

July Ed`s Tour finale Road ride viewtopic.php?f=5&t=263259

August TBC No event!!

September Sept 14th Hook Norton meet road
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=271473

October Hosted National MTB ride

November Hosted National Road ride +The Real Ale Wobble
viewtopic.php?f=45&p=2068483&sid=99d599b613074eb3047d8b96c1754d6c#p2068483

December Eds Kriss cross
viewtopic.php?f=45&p=2068483&sid=99d599b613074eb3047d8b96c1754d6c#p2068483

Also Retrobike attended events : (dates posted when released)

The Hell of North Cotswolds (AKA HONC)
Mountain Mayhem
The Real Ale Wobble

Fancy putting something on? Post up on this thread and we’ll update the above as we go.

Crucially, NONE of this post is set in stone (well, HONC and MM are), just thoughts/suggestions to start things off and any ideas that you’ve got are more than welcome. And please, don’t be put off by thoughts of ‘organising a ride’ – it really is just a small group of people going for a morning or day out together.

Put me down for August - Gloucester up onto the hill then buckholt woods and a few other places including at least one pub. :)

nevadasmith":2c1k42im said:
Put me down for August - Gloucester up onto the hill then buckholt woods and a few other places including at least one pub. :)

Done !!

Sounds good all new to me that area :cool:

Also , will will try again to get the Black Mountains ride back on the calendar , though this will depend on the local weather conditons so will have to play it by ear.

I'll organise 'The Brewery' ride in September...so you can remove the '?' if you want!

Plus the emphasis should be on 'staying overnight' as free camping at a brewery offered.....still not sure why there were no takers last time....

grumpycommuter":2ujau7ai said:
I'll organise 'The Brewery' ride in September...so you can remove the '?' if you want!

Plus the emphasis should be on 'staying overnight' as free camping at a brewery offered.....still not sure why there were no takers last time....

The question is removed! Many thanks for firming it up.

grumpycommuter":3vzs8z1m said:

It was the weather , Freezing cold and raining up until that day!!

daj":d1w2inyd said:
grumpycommuter":d1w2inyd said:

It was the weather , Freezing cold and raining up until that day!!

we were all so plastered after the beer stop, thats why!........i bounced off every hedgerow all the way home, and fell asleep with one shoe still on, sucking my thumb...... :roll:

Back