VTT français? French MTBs / Components / Info / Pics etc.

Re: VTT français? Post your French MTB’s pics info etc

Vitus CL1

Aluminium, full bonded construction

Pictured with Tange Switchblades. Years later I found the matching bonded fork.

Attachments

• Vitus CL1 1.jpg
    Vitus CL1 1.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 228

Interesting seatpost binder construction

Canti and U-brake ready

Attachments

• Vitus CL1 2.jpg
    Vitus CL1 2.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 227

Elev12k":8dts0tgj said:

Canti and U-brake ready
Thanks for sharing these! A couple of works of art there my friend!
I’m totally unfamiliar with these - both made in France?

Re: Re:

nic0":357pqfj4 said:
ibbz":357pqfj4 said:
Wow Nico
Lovely collection there and thanks for sharing. Nice to see some retro Decathlon’s - I had no idea decathlon had a nice bit of VTT history!!
I didn’t know the Vertik 2 was Fuji ! I assumed it was Tange - same frame as a Revolt?

thank you
vertik's frame is heavier than Revolt

I agree with freddok, with a nuance : Decathlon made good bikes in the 90's, solid frames & good equipment, for many less fortunate bikers it was a smart choice, the choice of reason
but their production wasn't fun, colors were sad, frames were neutral...

Kona, Marin, Muddy Fox, Specialized, GT, ... yeah, they made me dream
Amour26.gif

sunn_m12.jpg

sunn_m13.jpg

Thanks!
Thing is - after all these years, frames which are one time seemed sad and dull now seem really cool! The decathlon magazine review you just linked here looks really appealing
I’m curious - did decathlon build these or were they built by someone else and then branded decathlon?

Re: Re:

ibbz":337dy5ri said:
Thanks!
Thing is - after all these years, frames which are one time seemed sad and dull now seem really cool! The decathlon magazine review you just linked here looks really appealing
I’m curious - did decathlon build these or were they built by someone else and then branded decathlon?

Not sure if the frames were designed by Decathlon at these times or just chosen in an overseas manufacturer catalog but for sure build and assembled in Taiwan.

Some of the earlier decathlon models were made by liberia in france. From what I've read, they designed their bikes beginning 1986 and sub contracted the manufacturing process to other frame builders.
They generally preferred national made and started to change strategy in the early 2000's to produce abroad. You can see a difference in welding on their bikes after the late 90's and general quality starts to lack. These nineties models were and still are, quality for money, hence they have a big following in france.

ibbz":3f6yhdyf said:
Elev12k":3f6yhdyf said:

Canti and U-brake ready
Thanks for sharing these! A couple of works of art there my friend!
I’m totally unfamiliar with these - both made in France?

Not long ago there was a stunning Vitus frame, just like the one shared, but better looking, on eBay.
If I see it again I'll share the link.

I saw this bike not long ago by salmon from brittany, the frame was a piece of art. I can't find the photos I took so i'll post these up from another site. 531 tubing. Check out the sachs rival.

Attachments

• P1010020.JPG
    P1010020.JPG
    272.2 KB · Views: 199
  • P1010012.jpg
    P1010012.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 198
  • P1010014.jpg
    P1010014.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 193
  • P1010022.jpg
    P1010022.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 198

Rank_21":2abpac2d said:
I saw this bike not long ago by salmon from brittany, the frame was a piece of art. I can't find the photos I took so i'll post these up from another site. 531 tubing. Check out the sachs rival.
That's so cool!

I sound like a kid, but it is though. I would love to own this

Rank_21":nf34ionh said:
That’s a piece of art I must say!

Back