VTT français? French MTBs / Components / Info / Pics etc.

Re: Re:

albatros38":3jj7lwcu said:
Some spec of the Manufrance Mézenc :
- Sachs New Success groupo (hubs, derailleurs, brakes, shifter, cassette, chain),
- Transfil cable and housing,
- Stronglight bottom bracket and crankset,
- Mach1 spokes, Rigida Turbo 900 rim,Wolber tire and inner tube,
- Mavic seatpost and headset,
- Reydel saddle,
- french fillet brazed stem,
- StarBar handlebar
- looking for Look cleapless pedal !
That’s perfectly set up my friend!
Full new success group is very difficult to get - rarer than the Mavic Dakar!
Is the stem 1.1/8” and are there any others available? I must have one

ibbz":2pofw188 said:
Thanks ;-)
The stem is a 1'1/8, it's a homemade one. It certainly comes from a craftsman who welded in Saint-Etienne as the frame (I buy it in this town).
Saint-Etienne was the town of Manufrance, Vitus, Stronglight, Mercier...
Saint Etienne, the French capital of the cycle, is said to have built the first French bicycle in 1886.

albatros38":36iej4p0 said:
ibbz":36iej4p0 said:
Thanks ;-)
The stem is a 1'1/8, it's a homemade one. It certainly comes from a craftsman who welded in Saint-Etienne as the frame (I buy it in this town).
Saint-Etienne was the town of Manufrance, Vitus, Stronglight, Mercier...
Saint Etienne, the French capital of the cycle, is said to have built the first French bicycle in 1886.
Thanks for the info
Wonderful and your Manufrance seems like a fillet brazed hand built bike - something I aspire to own.
Could I ask you if there is such a stem available right now? Or was it part of the bike package ?

ibbz":1u94oo9z said:
Thanks for the info
Wonderful and your Manufrance seems like a fillet brazed hand built bike - something I aspire to own.
Could I ask you if there is such a stem available right now? Or was it part of the bike package ?

It's a fillet brazed frame and fork. For the stem, I just was lucky to found this, not available any more I'm afraid.

aHR0cHM6Ly9mc3RhdGljMS5tdGItbmV3cy5kZS9mL3hpL2pqL3hpamo5MHpkNXJxNS9vcmlnaW5hbF8xR2lsbGVzQmVydGhvdWQxOTkycmVjaHRzLmpwZz8w.jpg

https://fotos.mtb-news.de/p/1505882

Gilles Berthoud
http://www.velovintageagogo.com/t16209- ... s-berthoud

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back