Vianelli Olympic

bikenut2010

Senior Retro Guru
I have just completed this built, rather lovely lightweight frame with original engraved parts.
Size 51cm square.

Flickr photo set here

https://flic.kr/s/aHskqa4yy2

Nisi rims on Gipiemme Dual Sprint hubs
Nuovo Gran Sport / Record Derailleurs
Laprade Seatpost
3ttt Bars
Saccon levers
Universal Super 68 calipers

Attachments

• Vianelli - 5.jpg
    Vianelli - 5.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 1,340
  • Vianelli - 4.jpg
    Vianelli - 4.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,340
  • Vianelli - 3.jpg
    Vianelli - 3.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 1,340
  • Vianelli - 2.jpg
    Vianelli - 2.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 1,340
  • Vianelli - 1.jpg
    Vianelli - 1.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 1,340
Nob":2jfzsp7y said:
what length are the cranks as they look deceptively long?

Hi Ian,
170! I did panic myself when you pointed it out, maybe it's because the phone wasn't parallel to the bike when I took the pic! :)

Chris

Attachments

• crank length.jpg
    crank length.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 1,217
I've been chatting to a friend in Italy who know Vianelli well, "Vianelli are in Brescia city...i know well Him...my dear friend worked for him many years as a mechanic in his shop,he weld himself the steel frame back in those days....(no more today) many Marinoni frames was made by Vianelli (Vianelli e Marinoni was both in italian amateur national cycling team in the 60s)"

Re:

very cool. beautiful country. what would be super cool, would be to take the bike to Italy, and ride it around the countryside over there for a spell.

I find it interesting bikenut :)
I really like this Vianelli. They are always very nicely proportioned frames and classy but understated. I was offered one a good few years ago now. A 50cm square, a flat black with gold lettering, really nice but unfortunately at the time I didn't have the money, not that he wanted much. Often think of that frame. This is the first I have seen for a long while.
Very nice, enjoy.

Jamie

Back