Very rare Dawes Edge - 1996 Reynolds 853

Nice, thanks for the info! Saved me a few quid & disappointment there. Back to the hunt!
I think it’s a genuine dawes edge, one decal on the forks does say geomax. Unfortunately it’s lost it’s xtr kit and has gained some low end kit. The frame will be nice enough but £200 is overpriced. £100 would be a nice price

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I've got two Dawes Edge frames for sale, both lugged 531 and one with the geomax forks. The one in the Ebay listing is an Edge eXTRa frame just with different forks. The eXTRa came with early RockShox with have obviously long gone along with the XTR

I think it’s a genuine dawes edge, one decal on the forks does say geomax. Unfortunately it’s lost it’s xtr kit and has gained some low end kit. The frame will be nice enough but £200 is overpriced. £100 would be a nice price

I thought the curved forks only came on the lower models and the higher models all had the straight blade (possibly an option instead of the RockShox?)

Also, the Edge eXTRa was fillet brazed rather than lugged. Plus, the Dawes and eXTRa decals are the wrong way around. The catalogue is available here:

Last edited:
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest posts

Back