Ventana El Ciclon

suburbanreuben

Old School Grand Master
20210824_093203.jpg
20210824_093203.jpg
Having had and enjoyed this for a few years it was deemed surplus to requirements and put up for sale when I developed Arthritis that stopped me riding. However, last year I was put in touch with a doctor who knew what the F he was doing and sorted my aches and pains out in time for a fun packed, sun filled lockdown.
I thought I'd spend a bit more time and effort and build this up as I'd always hoped.

I had the DT Swiss forks and wheels knocking about, and at 1600g each they were pretty light, but strong enough to cope with my inept nancying about. I thought I'd try a dropper so a Brand X was acquired. It's been up and down half a dozen times in the last year but I've bashed my knee on the lever ten times that amount, So I guess it can go. The bike is feeling pretty weighty and this post is the chief suspect along with the massive cassette. A smaller, lighter block is to be transferred from my Ibis.
Overall though, it feels pretty lively and is getting more use than all my other bikes combined.
Oh, and it's pretty! Very pretty!

20210824_093306.jpg
20210824_174942.jpg
20210714_105613.jpg

Yes very pretty, glad to hear you are able to ride despite the arthritis.

Back