Specialized alu single speed

Are you sure the chain is as short as it can be?
It could def go shorter - and will as and when I switch to the 32 on the front. But the spring on the tensioner is very strong - even at that length there's hardly any movement when riding. I know shorter is better though, plan to take it in increments...

Further update - after struggling with a skipping chain a bit the concept of 'chain wrap' was introduced to me after a quick Google - a term I had previously been ignorant of. Anyway the now shorter chain and increased wrap around the rear cog has sorted it out. Only issue now is that I can't find the middle (32t) chainring I thought I'd saved - really hoping it's not been binned.

Also noticed the quirky design of the V brakes was causing them to rub on the tyre when fully applied. Swapping over the spacers on the brake blocks was tedious but rewarding in that it gave me an opportunity to try out this - <https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/tools/icetoolz-croco-brake-shoe-tuner/> which was bought on a whim after seeing a recommendation here, which worked very well and brakes now functioning better than before. (Plan to repeat this for my Pro-Flex).

Nice yellow platforms also acquired over the Xmas period were installed. Once I find the smaller chainring I can take it off road but for now it's the bike to grab out of the garage when popping to the shops for milk...

PXL_20240110_133918297.MP.jpg

Further update - after struggling with a skipping chain a bit the concept of 'chain wrap' was introduced to me after a quick Google - a term I had previously been ignorant of. Anyway the now shorter chain and increased wrap around the rear cog has sorted it out.
That's what I was trying to get at. Good to hear that it's now working fine.

Back