Univega so underrated?

Re:

Here you go! As Mr Big Cheese has pointed out, water would sit in the bottom of the dip in the stay. Had two of these recently and both were fine, but I have seen them advertised with rust around that area. Good luck! Great frames!

Attachments

• IMG_20200627_191716_copy_729x547.jpg
    IMG_20200627_191716_copy_729x547.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 623
Re:

On the Alpinas in the 90's. They did a cheaper Rover range and aluminium models that did not have this bend. These frames had lots of natty little features which made me love them.

Re: Re:

Gaddmeister":2as3oyy1 said:
On the Alpinas in the 90's. They did a cheaper Rover range and aluminium models that did not have this bend. These frames had lots of natty little features which made me love them.

Thanks for the info Sir :cool:

I was in Toronto in the 1990's and I don't think they were stocked anywhere. Too many other brands to choose from and weak marketing support.

Lovely handling, rather like Konas. Not much of a branding push, so very much an acquired taste.
Just had to dismantle my wife's Alpine Alu 800, which had a beautifully light frame, due to cracking behind the head tube.

Here's mine, long and low, not Kona like at all!

file.php

Re:

I picked up one yesterday. A Rover 304 in Red, anodised. Pretty nice condition.

Started building it into a Touring bike, thread to follow :D

As mentioned above, they weren't pushed sales-wise in the UK. I think the brand was selling so hard in the States they just didn't need to bother - slightly cheaper but better than Kona as my mate in California says.

I like how the 5.x/500 series are so understated (and underrated), this one recently lasted only a few hours advertised at 170.

$_86.JPG

I've a tatty 5.7 frame I must build up sometime, plus another smart one but in a small size which I've put aside for my lad.

Back