TVT 92

Re: Re:

Gazelleer":3a8kam3b said:
Not quite the clear photo I was looking for but I did find two images of one-piece headtube Villiger TVT's from 1991 (Suntour Superbe).

Laurent Dufaux in the 1991 Classique des Alpes:

Erich Maechler(?) in the 1991 Tour de France:

Help this is really bugging me, what are those glasses on Charly Mottet? it is him isn't it ? in the RMO jersey? Wouldn't mind a pair of those. Also great period picture its 1991 (I was 23 btw eek!) The shape of the change to come, see the motorola rider in the hard shell helmet and STI levers, a year later most of the kit here wouldn't be seen again maybe the year the line in the sand was drawn on real retro? That year at the Tour of The Border in Northumberland we saw someone using STI's and I remember commenting on how daft they looked..he didn't have to change gear with his knee in a tight sprint :)

Re:

Rudy Project? I have seen photos of him with Systeme U definitely Rudy Project, I had a pair! these look later though. Remember the first soft shell helmets Motorolla used, I think they were Specialized and some just had netting over it. I had a cool Brancale helmet, just like PDM, wish i had it now, made use of it in a crash, it worked very well ;)

Regards,

Pat

Re:

That look fantastic Chris! :cool: :cool:

Bet you can't wait to get out on it! Funky bar tape too!

As for Mottets' glasses . . . . I'm sure I've seen photos of him in System-U wearing Oakley Eyeshades. I know these aren't though . Hmmmm

Doubledee":3n782x57 said:
So the dura ace spares I've ended up with after my build are 3 1/2 pairs of dura ace gear levers mix of 7 and 8 speed, a 7400 braze on front mech, a pair of 7402 brake levers and 2 rear mechs 7401 and 7402 , 7 brake pads and shoes, and 2 dura ace 7 speed screw on freewheels all in excellent condition, plus a mint 600 headset, what should I do with all that? Also picked up a mint pair of mavic heliums from the 90's (red hubs and rims) that Im going to use on my Coyote Ultralight with mavic mektronic but might give them a spin on my TVT too , I'll post the Coyote very soon

About that f/m ;)

Edit : Having looked through a couple of books, he's wearing those sunnies in Milan-San Remo, 4 Days of Dunkirk and the Giro, where he outsprinted Bugno on a stage! All from 1991. The Dunkirk photo is the clearest, but still to small to see the make on the lens. :roll:
For the Tour, he was wearing Carrera shades, (same as Chiapucchi) so maybe an earlier model of those :?

Mike

Re:

Yes, Carrera looks right. I remember him wearing these shades for the tour time trials with mirrored lenses. Can't beat those Dame Edna Brikos from the mid 90's looked fine on the big guys (with big heads!) like Cipollini or Ballerini. Looked terrible on any of the skinny riders (with skinny heads!)
I would look at pictures of Ballerini at Paris Roubaix and thinking the Mapei kit and Brikos looked cool, then I'd snap out of it, that kit will never be cool. Those C40s Colnagos were though very classy.

Pat

Re:

Yes Carrera, look up Carrera cycling sunglasses on ebay. ;) Some nice neon ones for sale

I have a pair of the Brikos! Shot is the model name. Pictured in my Bianchi thread
They go well with MG GB kit also. Currently looking for shorts for the set ! :facepalm: ;) :LOL:

Mike

Re:

I exhausted tidy project on the web yesterday and the closest I came to was graffiti but not quite right I'll look up Carrera as they look very cool bet they are as rare as rocking horse poo :)

Doubledee":358hv9og said:
I exhausted tidy project on the web yesterday and the closest I came to was graffiti but not quite right I'll look up Carrera as they look very cool bet they are as rare as rocking horse poo :)

Fluo yellow pair on ebay right now. Look up Carrera cycling sunglasses

Mike

cloonaghpat":1gg9xxtw said:
.... Those C40s Colnagos were though very classy.

Pat

yes indeed but ..

... the filligrane TVT92s with their slim tubes looks more gracefully...

Attachments

• IMG_1585_03.jpg
    IMG_1585_03.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 624
  • IMG_1538_02.jpg
    IMG_1538_02.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 623

Latest posts

Back