Tushingham questions

Tr1gger

Retro Newbie
Hi everyone, this is my first post as I recently bought a 1988 Tushingham B52 and discovered the forum. I had originally had one when I was a teenager as my cousin knew someone at Orange who she bought it off and then it was handed down to me as a Christmas present. I was still riding it when I was 21 years old and then I moved to London and my parents lost it somewhere in between house moves. Yes I’m re-buying my childhood and I’m doing a full nuts and bolts restoration. Hoping to bring it to the Malverns Classics in August….

Two questions for those who’ve restored Tushinghams:
1. Where have you sourced decals from?
2. Any info on replacing the bottom bracket with a modern one?

Attachments

• 14AF389D-2000-48DF-95D3-A3D38E2D705D.jpeg
    14AF389D-2000-48DF-95D3-A3D38E2D705D.jpeg
    721.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

@Andy T

Hi everyone, this is my first post as I recently bought a 1988 Tushingham B52 and discovered the forum. I had originally had one when I was a teenager as my cousin knew someone at Orange who she bought it off and then it was handed down to me as a Christmas present. I was still riding it when I was 21 years old and then I moved to London and my parents lost it somewhere in between house moves. Yes I’m re-buying my childhood and I’m doing a full nuts and bolts restoration. Hoping to bring it to the Malverns Classics in August….

Welcome to the forum, nice bike. I think we all to some extent re live our childhood in our bicycles. I know when I look at mine my 12 year old self is peeing himself doing a happy dance :)

727-9d82ebd49b9719df89df25e6a500c526.jpg
hi Tr1gger. Similar to you i restored a 'tushy' as i had it as a kid. it was great fun and it makes a good wall hanger for the kitchen.... Good luck on your build.

Back