Carlton Corsa 102.5 mile ride

Thanks I am pretty much back head wise. When I woke up I kept asking the same questions, what happened? I suppose the bike is f*****? My shoulder hurts oh I seem to have bitten my lip..... What happened? I suppose the bike is .... For about 3 hours. I eventually became aware again in a bed in hospital. I had missed the ambulance ride, a number or conversations, a CT scan, these had all happened but I have zero recollection of any of it.

I have a busted rib, and a shoulder, collar bone, and neck that is bruised and painful but otherwise ok.

I was told that the drivers boyfriend thought they should claim from my insurance for a new grill and to have the scratches repainted.

The Police are thinking differently they have said it is a careless driving charge at least. Could I make a statement, which I said I would but all I remember was starting the bike ride. There is CCTV of the accident which is a little alarming to watch.
Glad you are mending but... Callous bas**rd driver. Is your bike ok?

Amazingly I had pulled all the anchors and the bike had stopped on a dime. I had exited straight on. Somehow it had landed on the pedal and bent the pedal which had largely come apart. I have now bent it all back to shape and it is fine. It had scratched the brake lever that it landed on and moved it a bit so that is mostly sorted. It has put the smallest scrape on the back edge of the saddle. I had stuck my fingernails into the cork tape and cut it where I had hold of the bars and the brakes in a somewhat fierce grip on the rear brake side, on the front brake side it has a slight roughening of the cork tape surface. I had an amazing bit of luck to get away with it as lightly as I did.

Amazingly I had pulled all the anchors and the bike had stopped on a dime. I had exited straight on. Somehow it had landed on the pedal and bent the pedal which had largely come apart. I have now bent it all back to shape and it is fine. It had scratched the brake lever that it landed on and moved it a bit so that is mostly sorted. It has put the smallest scrape on the back edge of the saddle. I had stuck my fingernails into the cork tape and cut it where I had hold of the bars and the brakes in a somewhat fierce grip on the rear brake side, on the front brake side it has a slight roughening of the cork tape surface. I had an amazing bit of luck to get away with it as lightly as I did.
Excellent news :) All minor considering.

Back