Too many active builds

Once A Hero

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
I really need to focus on getting one bike finished at a time :facepalm:

Currently projects:
Pace RC100 viewtopic.php?f=6&t=397696 just needs the fork crown re-anodising, off to Acorn Plating shortly, so should be all wrapped up by mid-late September.
Specialized FSR viewtopic.php?uid=4847&f=6&t=414903 still awaiting Aheadset (though a gorgeous White Industries headset has arrived :cool: ), wheels off being built, waiting on a saw guide for when I have to cut the steerer. Hope to build by end of September.
Giant ATX 990 '96 - Built but not shaken down and no build thread even started :facepalm:
Giant ATX 990D '97 - stalled due to problems with the XTR chainset and chain guide interface, plus I discovered one of the Hope brake levers is leaking after I'd assembled and set it up :cry: Build thread not even thought about :facepalm:

In the meantime I've got a '99 GT Lobo taking up space just sitting waiting for fork fluids to arrive, so it can be sold.

And a '90 Explosif frameset is on the way, so I've been book marking other peoples build threads, and I'll be looking to source relevant parts for that :facepalm:

Surely I'm not alone? Please? :oops:

Magpiegifts":3ewemxhq said:
Far from it lol!
Out of interest - what's a lobo fetch now a days?

There's quite a few variables such as Ali/Composite frames, size S/M/L, condition and components.
Mines a Large Ali framed version with Boxxer Pros, Hope hubs/C2 brakes (not Big'Uns), 9spd XTR. I was thinking £1500 ish.

Once A Hero":95jqcdkx said:
Magpiegifts":95jqcdkx said:
Far from it lol!
Out of interest - what's a lobo fetch now a days?

There's quite a few variables such as Ali/Composite frames, size S/M/L, condition and components.
Mines a Large Ali framed version with Boxxer Pros, Hope hubs/C2 brakes (not Big'Uns), 9spd XTR. I was thinking £1500 ish.

I like the sts lobo,looks wicked!

Always wanted 1,probably never afford one though unfortunately. Unless I was able to pay in instalments lol!

Seen a sts lobo sell on eBay recently,and a alu lobo frame sold for £6-700 can't remember exact figure.

:LOL: have a few builds halted at various stages, mostly due to really small issues, and a few sat waiting in the sidelines which i am finding hard to not start on while i wait. Its just that they take up more room when i start putting them together so now tend to wait until a built/finished one is out the way.

Lobo, classic bike, even the aluminum versions, why are you selling it?

Also really looking forward to seeing the '90 Explosif, hopefully you will start a thread for that one :)

mk one":2zmps6we said:
Lobo, classic bike, even the aluminum versions, why are you selling it?
Also really looking forward to seeing the '90 Explosif, hopefully you will start a thread for that one :)

Lobo is too heavy unless gravity is on my side, which it rarely is :LOL: so it won't get used properly.

I've got one of your threads bookmarked for the Explosif - thought about black XT, but I think I may break with my Shimano obsession and go for the fairly factory Suntour build. It won't be a garage queen. There will be a thread in due course :)

:) yeah i like black on my builds, looks good but also find it easier than trying to match another colours. Quite like red on builds but my red parts stash has soo many shades of red and only a couple are actually the same :|

Hopefully its in your size as it surprised the hell out of me when i rode it, at the top of my favourite bike list, if it had the P2's instead of the Track2's it would be perfect.

Re:

I bought two bikes from my mates Dad a few weeks ago. 1 was an 89 Saracen Trekker Comp. I refurbed it to a ready-to-ride condition but I cant bring myself to ride it ( my mate passed away aged 24 in 1999 ).
Because I like the Trekker I bought another one to build and use :facepalm:

As if I havn't got enough...

Re:

I thought mine was under control but the garage confirms there are a number of bikes needing bits and quite a few ‘projects’ that are just frames and bits. It is hard to keep on top of it all when there are so many different things to keep an eye out for, I find I just ride the same few bikes all the time cos they are built and ready to go. Some sort of consolidation seems sensible but I can’t nail down which I’d let go!

Re:

Yep.

Got 2 stalled active builds, another 2 which I'm trying not to start despite having sorted out all the bits, and another which is destined to be a parts bin special which I'm also trying not to think about. Endless parts to clean and polish up. Wheels to build, hubs in need of servicing and rims truing.

Added to that all my "finished" builds come with a to do list of modifications, tweaks, and a box of bits (or a list of parts needed) to achieve that.

I can't get rid of anything until I've finished the new ones... in theory everything has a purpose... but in practise I only ride one or two bikes.

Takes up way too much time, money and mental energy. But I love it... :facepalm:

Back