Tomac

Poor old Missy got well done for drugs back in 2009! She would do drug runs on a motor cross bike! I think she’s in a better place now👍

“The mountain bike community was shaken yesterday and this morning after learning that former world champion Missy “the Missile” Giove was arrested on federal drug charges following a large-scale drug bust near Albany, New York. According to several published reports, Giove was charged Tuesday with conspiring to possess and distribute nearly 400 pounds of marijuana.

The 37-year-old Giove and two others were taken into custody after police followed a truck and trailer she was driving to the residence of Eric Canori, 30, of Wilton, New York. Police reportedly seized 220 pounds of marijuana from the trailer and another 150 pounds from Canori’s home, where they also found more than $1 million in cash hidden in a closet and in the basement.”
I remember that

Bit butch, says she has a wife on a youtube video I watched.
Not that I have any problem with that. Each to their own.

So to get back to Tomac... he and Ned did a podcast some time back on Payson McElveen’s show, where they openly discussed doping problem, their racing rivalry, teams and styles of racing etc.

Again he’s says there was doping in BMX in the 80ies, Road Racing in the 90ies and XC in the mid 90ies and got fed up and just left and moved on! Not much point in doping in Downhill Racing. Enjoy...

Don’t think so. But what do I know. I thought he quit cycling at just the right time.
Seems to like ranch life, one of the sports good guys IMO.

So to get back to Tomac... he and Ned did a podcast some time back on Payson McElveen’s show, where they openly discussed doping problem, their racing rivalry, teams and styles of racing etc.

Again he’s says there was doping in BMX in the 80ies, Road Racing in the 90ies and XC in the mid 90ies and got fed up and just left and moved on! Not much point in doping in Downhill Racing. Enjoy...

you weren't at the Malvern's and other downhill events mid to late 90s then.

Sure it wasn't performance enhancing drugs, but you couldn't move for people smoking weed.

People were making into cakes and all sorts, if you walked through the campsite after the parties you didn't even need to smoke, you just got high.

But then, they were doing the same in the 70s.

I would have thought weed would make you faster down hill as wouldn’t it make you more fearless?

im sure some still would, for the fame, glory, bragging rites etc etc.

On you tube there is a film " De Wereld van de kermis koersen " . Its a Belgian film with Dutch subtitles which follows the director sportive / team manager Pol De Baermaecker leading a small budget bottom of the ladder professional cycling team. Many times in the film he states without paying for a top sports doctor the team cannot hope to achieve optimal results. In pro cycling you are asking athletes to do extraordinary things day in day out , where does looking after the riders health end and the doping start ?.

Back