Today's Ride

Scenes. No rain. Northerly 5-7mph breeze i.e., nothing. About 8 degrees, less in the dips. Damp, misty, murky with a tiny glimpse of blue sky every now and then. So, so, SO good to in the saddle although my drivetrain has seen much better days and will be replaced pronto. No vistas because of said murk, so a shot of one of the one ponies at Sancreed Beacon.

M2Umzi.jpg

Back in the saddle again today -- there's a tinge of autumn in the air and next week the clocks will go back, so am trying to make up for something of a lost summer.

Took the '98 Explosif this time and revelled in how nicely it climbs, despite needing a bit of a clean and lube. On the dirt farm roads outside town I encountered a bloke on a Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro, progressing rather gingerly over some rocky sections. He didn't answer my cheery wave -- $20,000 worth of hi-tech off-road gadgetry doesn't buy you the confidence to take a hand off the bars . . .

IMG_1947.jpg

Back to wet conditions this morning but got out yesterday to make back to back ride days, the first in many, many months :oops: Forecast 8 degrees, felt much colder, 5-6 in spots with heavy dew. It was nice and still, and a wonderful ride, not least meeting the munching gang who do a great job keeping the evasive species in check.

VM7NTL.jpg

240KGZ.jpg

Pendeen lighthouse in the distance 👍

Back