Today's Ride

Not a good one. Ten miles out I was heading down a hill straight into about 100m of sheet ice. It wasn’t a case of if I came off, just when! The front wheel went into a large pothole and bounced up out it. It washed out upon hitting the ice again and down I went. I can confirm ice is both wet and cold. The left side of my carcass is bashed up. Knee, hip and elbow. New clothes will be needed.
With an extended period of Swearing Therapy behind me I managed to climb back on and pedal my sorry arse home in a low gear. In all the excitement I didn’t do a very good job of straightening things up:

E12E5A74-1421-42B1-89A4-A8267E143E53.jpeg

I will assess the bike tomorrow and myself now. I must be getting old! Years ago it would have been the bike first.

Not a good one. Ten miles out I was heading down a hill straight into about 100m of sheet ice. It wasn’t a case of if I came off, just when! The front wheel went into a large pothole and bounced up out it. It washed out upon hitting the ice again and down I went. I can confirm ice is both wet and cold. The left side of my carcass is bashed up. Knee, hip and elbow. New clothes will be needed.
With an extended period of Swearing Therapy behind me I managed to climb back on and pedal my sorry arse home in a low gear. In all the excitement I didn’t do a very good job of straightening things up:

View attachment 813062

I will assess the bike tomorrow and myself now. I must be getting old! Years ago it would have been the bike first.
I have managed to stay the right way up so far this year !

Latest posts

Back