Today's Ride

23100601263422055118269127.jpg
A rare sighting of the lesser-spotted GT Compost...

A little gentle pottering around as my Achilles tendon is still not fully recovered. The strength is back but the flexibility is not. Riding with a CAM boot on is possible as long as there is something on the other foot to even things up. Although the physiotherapist does not recommend it, he does accept it, and I've been riding with the boot on for a few weeks now without mishap or any setback to the recovery—but no more than a couple of miles or fifteen minutes at a time. Anyway, the weather was beautiful this weekend: 22°C, sunny, with a light breeze. And it felt good to be riding, even if it was just a couple of very short rides.

The site of the old Abbot's Mill:
PXL_20231007_095440872.jpg
PXL_20231008_125009101.MP.jpg
PXL_20231007_095513547.jpg

One hundred years ago, the site looked like this—Abbot's Mill is the large, pale, wooden-framed building :
Abbots Mill 1920s.jpg

And ninety years ago, on October 17th 1933, it burned down, never to be rebuilt:
Abbots Mill Burning 1933.jpg

Part red part blue trails at hamsterley today.

Fell off as well bashed my knee open😃

Some mild muddage
View attachment 785582View attachment 785583

Localish to me.
10mar19.jpg

A little gentle pottering around as my Achilles tendon is still not fully recovered. The strength is back but the flexibility is not. Riding with a CAM boot on is possible as long as there is something on the other foot to even things up.

Nice one. Had several months in one in recent years. I used my time off to do some builds & would take them for test rides wearing my boot.

Some cracking weather the past couple of days; we've earnt some this year that's for sure.

Saturday afternoon jaunt on the Hot because of a slight Syncros malfunction on Ryder 🤣

thu6zh.jpg

A "roasting" 15 degrees, 16 if you squinted hard enough. A glorious ride with the trails in almost perfect condition.

WZAv5H.jpg

This morning, about as good as it gets. Between 10 and 15 degree, really notable differences, almost zero breeze: SW 2-3 mph. Clear skies with the odd patch of high cloud. It took 22 miles before a vehicle passed me.

Lights on.

jMXn2D.jpg

Lights off (for the money shot - they went straight back on afterwards!)

QPOdb8.jpg

Back