Today's Ride

A couple of pics of yesterdays walk on the tops :)

Attachments

• peakclimb2.jpg
    peakclimb2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 680
  • peakclimb.jpg
    peakclimb.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 680
Thanks, it was a beautiful day.

Both pictures are from the top of kinder. The first looking SE down Grindsbrook Clough over the Edale valley, and over to the end of Mam Tor Ridge (Lose Hill) and then Win Hill. The second is further West along the edge, looking S over to Dale Head and Rushop Edge.

mk one":3kigqlkp said:

Both pictures are from the top of kinder. The first looking SE down Grindsbrook Clough over the Edale valley, and over to the end of Mam Tor Ridge (Lose Hill) and then Win Hill. The second is further West along the edge, looking S over to Dale Head and Rushop Edge.

Tried to ride around there many moons ago and in similar conditions...I think we were aiming for Jacob's Ladder and into Edale. Parked the car. Assembled bikes. 'Rode' about 20 yards and thought, 'Fk it!? Pub?' :LOL:

Stressed":1ehv1b46 said:
mk one":1ehv1b46 said:

Tried to ride around there many moons ago and in similar conditions...I think we were aiming for Jacob's Ladder and into Edale. Parked the car. Assembled bikes. 'Rode' about 20 yards and thought, 'Fk it!? Pub?' :LOL:

:LOL: tough going in most conditions tbf. Jacobs ladder is just to the right in the second pic, went down there and back along to Edale.

Re:

Keep the snow scape pics coming peeps as there keeping me sane. We're in the 5th week of our Municipal lockdown at the moment (which has just been extended for another 2 weeks) so no riding for a while. :)

Re:

The wind-chill this morning was straight out Nordic. Proper brass monkey but got a solid hour run in. That sun-rise...oh my. For about 20 seconds it was almost blood red, then went vaporwave aesthetic for 5 minutes like this before turning bright orange. Lovely stuff!

DY215I.jpg

Re:

We seem to have missed the snow and chaos out here, it's chuffing cold on the bike though!

The mainland hills look fab across the Minch, but as always, my phone camera doesn't do the distant view any justice whatsoever!

I want some snow to pedal though!! (stamps frozen feet!)

Attachments

• hills.JPG
    hills.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 583
Back